Press Release Summary:
Powered by GX690 (688 cc) air-cooled Honda gas engine, MP 235 Edger employs heavy-duty drive train, standard-duty gearboxes, and two 4-bladed, 36 in. dia, non-overlapping rotors. Torque converter clutch system gives operator full variable speed control (to 145 rpm) of rotors, and rotating guard rings let operator run along edges of walls as well as around columns and pipes to achieve clean finish. Other features include manual steering and electric-powered spray system.
Original Press Release:
Allen Introduces the New MP 235 (Mechanical Pro) Edging Rider
The Allen MP 235 Edger is a total re-design of the MP 225 Edging Mechanical Drive Riding Trowel. The MP 235 Edger is so unique that it's patented. This unique riding trowel has rotating guard rings which allows the operator to run along edges of walls, and around columns and pipes to achieve a hard troweled clean finish every time. This exclusive Allen Rider allows the operator to edge within 5/16" of the edge of a wall, eliminating the need to hand finish those areas. This patented trowel features similar specifications as our MP 215 Riding Trowel, along with a stretched frame for improved productivity and operator comfort. The higher horsepower gasoline engine and heavy-duty drive train is packaged in an easy-to-service frame. The Allen Standard-Duty Gearboxes and four-bladed 36" diameter rotors are proven performers in the field. The MP 235 Edger is now equipped with a Torque Converter Clutch which gives the operator full variable speed control of the rotors. The MP 235 Edger is one of the latest additions to Allen's Mechanical Pro (MP) Series of Riders launched in 2011. MP 235 Edger standard features include:
- Rotating guard rings
- Manual steering and blade pitch controls
- A GX690 (688cc) Air-Cooled Honda gasoline engine
- Torque converter clutch system
- Two 36" diameter, 4-blade non-overlapping rotors
- Variable rotor speeds up to 145 RPM
- Four lights and 12 volt charger
- Electric powered spray system for application of retardant
- Flip-up seat and a removable screen for superior accessibility to engine, clutch and drive-line. For more information, visit the AEC web site at www.alleneng.com.