Press Release Summary:
Available in single and 3-phase models ranging from 2.8–22 kVA, Remote Monitoring Power Distribution Units support 12–36 outlet receptacles. Built-in remote capabilities allow for remote power monitoring and management of PDU and individual load segments from anywhere on network. Optional environmental sensor enables temperature and humidity readings in rack environment via LCD screen, Telnet connection, or web browser. Operating at up to 60Â°C, PDUs help minimize data center cooling needs.
Original Press Release:
HP Remote Monitoring PDUs Provide Rack-Level Power Monitoring with Billing-Grade Accuracy
Houston -- HP introduces its newest HP Remote Monitoring Power Distribution Units (PDU). For IT and facility managers tasked with keeping a tight watch over energy consumption, managing space constraints, and providing highly accurate bill-back information for co-location services or departmental resource usage, this HP PDU family is ideal.
In line with HP’s goal to make every aspect of the data center work for the customer, these PDUs are simple yet effective solutions that are easy to use and make a real impact on the bottom line. HP Remote Monitoring PDUs feature billing-grade accuracy of 99 percent for precisely allocating data center expenses. In addition, the built-in remote capabilities simplify and allow for remote power monitoring and management of the PDU and individual load segments from anywhere on the network. Ranging from 2.8kVA to 22kVA, with available single and three-phase models, the HP PDUs come in a new slim profile design for easy maintenance activities in the rear of the rack. Multiple outlet and power configurations meet a large variety of needs. An optional environmental sensor enables temperature and humidity readings in the rack environment via the PDU’s LCD screen, Telnet connection, or standard web browser. To reduce data center cooling costs, the HP Remote Monitoring PDUs can operate at temperatures to 60 degrees Celsius. For additional cost savings, the ability to daisy chain two units from one IP address eliminates network connection expenses incurred with competitive models.
The HP Remote Monitoring PDUs are designed for HP racks but will work in a large variety of third-party racks as well.
The HP Remote Monitoring PDUs family is available now with other benefits including:
• Models ranging from 2.8kVA to 22kVA
• Models supporting from 12 to 36 outlet receptacles
• Built-in remote monitoring capabilities of PDU and individual load segments
• Easy to use web interface
• Settable thresholds provide customization of alerts to match specific data center policies
• Advanced LCD pixel display simplifies local set up and trouble shooting
• Color coding simplifies phase balancing and branch circuit breaker identification
• Local and LDAP authentication provide for faster, simpler maintenance
• High operating temperature of 60C reduces data center cooling costs
• Accurate power monitoring improves circuit utilization and reduces stranded power
• Monitoring provides information that can help balance power throughout the data center to maximize cooling efficiency
• Ability to daisy chain two units from one IP address reduces network connection costs
• Compatible with a variety of third-party racks
Pricing, Availability and Warranty
HP Remote Monitoring PDUs are backed by a limited 3-year warranty. They are designed for HP racks but will work in a large variety of third-party racks as well. HP PDUs automatically assume the HP Care Pack coverage level of any covered HP ProLiant server in the same rack. Sold through Authorized Dealers, the HP Remote Monitoring PDUs are available now with U.S. pricing ranging from $439 to $1599. Optional Environmental Sensor for HP Remote Monitoring PDU sold separately. Additional models and configurations are available. Pricing may vary by country or region.
Additional product and technical information is available at the Hewlett Packard Web site at http://www.hp.com/go/infrastructure
P.O. Box 692000
20555 State Highway 249
Houston, Texas 77269-2000
1-800-282-6672 or 1-281-370-0670
U.S. and Global Site: http://www.hp.com/go/infrastructure
HP Product Manager