NMEA 2000® Sensors Offer Enhanced Processor Capabilities for Advanced Integration with NSS and NSO evo2 Multifunction Displays
Egersund, Norway – A redesigned lineup of easy-to-install, intelligent sensors designed to monitor an array of vital engine and boating functions is now available. Compatible with NMEA 2000® networks, the newly released products include the Simrad Fluid Level Sensor, Fuel Data Manager, and Fuel Flow, Pressure, Paddlewheel Speed and Temperature Sensors.
Following is a summary of the redesigned sensors and the functions they monitor:
• Fuel Data Manager and Fuel Flow Sensors feed data to compatible Simrad NSS evo2 and NSO evo2 displays for effective management of onboard fuel levels.
• Fuel Data Manager stores fuel-use data from an engine or engine interface connected to the network and can support data from up to three engines.
• Fuel Flow Sensors track gasoline flow and calculates fuel used, trip fuel used, as well as seasonal fuel use. When combined with a GPS speed source or the transom-mounted Paddlewheel Speed Sensor, boaters can use the Fuel Flow Sensor to calculate fuel economy to optimize time spent on the water.
• Fluid Level Sensors allow boaters to maintain awareness of tank levels and can be configured for any liquid – fuel, oil, live well, fresh water, gray water or black water tanks.
• Pressure Sensors are pre-configured for engine water pressure, but may be set for engine boost pressure, engine oil pressure or transmission oil pressure.
• Temperature Sensors (available in standard and thru-hull models) are calibrated for water temperature, but can also be used to monitor live well, bait well, outside, inside, engine room, cabin, refrigeration and heating system temperature. Configuration and display of this information is completed using Simrad NSS evo2 and NSO evo2 displays.
Available from authorized dealers worldwide, the Fluid Level Sender, Fuel Data Manager, Pressure Sensor, Paddlewheel Speed Sensor, Temperature Sensor and Thru-hull Temperature Sensors are priced at $99 USD. The Fuel Flow Sensor is priced at $199 USD. For more information on the Simrad network sensors, or the entire line of Simrad-branded performance marine electronics, please contact 800-324-1356 (toll-free) in the USA or 800-661-3983 (toll-free) in Canada or visit www.simrad-yachting.com.
About Simrad: The Simrad brand is wholly owned by Navico, AS. Navico is currently the world’s largest marine electronics company and produces products under leading marine electronics brands: Lowrance, Simrad, GoFree and BG. Navico has approximately 1,500 employees globally and distribution in more than 100 countries worldwide. www.navico.com