Press Release Summary:
Suited for off-air monitoring of on-air broadcasts via RF or IP for master control or ENG (Electronic News Gathering) trucks, Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP™ features 8VSB, IP unicast or multicast (with Pro-MPEG FEC), and DVB-ASI inputs as well as outputs forÂ IP, SDI/HD-SDI with embedded audio, DVB-ASI, analog,Â and MPEG -1/2 or AC-3 audio. System can automatically switch between RF and IP inputs and supports AES-3 id audio as well as PCM. Optional DVB-S/DVB-S2 or DVB-T+T2 tuner is also available.
Original Press Release:
DVEO Shipping Next Generation Professional 8VSB Receiver with Built-in LCD Monitor, Decodes to SDI/HD-SDI and Outputs IP+ASI
Ideal Receiver for Comprehensive Off Air Monitoring via RF or IP for Master Control or ENG Trucks -- Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP™
San Diego, California – DVEO is now shipping their professional 8VSB receiver and H.264/MPEG-2 decoder with a built-in HD LCD monitor and high quality speakers. DVEO will feature the new Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Show, April 13-16, in Las Vegas, Nevada, at booth SU6605.
A classic receiver demodulator, the Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP features 8VSB, IP unicast or multicast (with Pro-MPEG FEC), and DVB-ASI inputs. Outputs are IP, SDI/HD-SDI with embedded audio, DVB-ASI, analog, or MPEG or AC-3 audio. The broadcast quality, frequency agile system can automatically switch between RF and IP inputs. It supports AES-3 id audio as well as MPEG-1/2, PCM, and AC-3.
The Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP is also available with an optional DVB-S/DVB-S2 or DVB-T+T2 tuner instead of an 8VSB tuner.
"With its built-in 4.3 inch LCD monitor and 10 watt speaker, the Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP is ideal for comprehensive off-air monitoring of on-air broadcasts via RF or IP for master control or ENG (Electronic News Gathering) trucks," commented Laszlo Zoltan, Vice President of DVEO. "It's super flexible -- our customers can also use it for HD-SDI file playback, content repurposing, decoding IP transport streams, and decoding ASI or SMPTE 310M streams with PID filtering."
Laszlo Zoltan went on to say, "In addition to showing the video being decoded, the monitor displays many on-screen diagnostics as overlays."
The Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP includes the most desired professional features, such as ASI RF failover and optional second audio outputs (SAP) for more audio choices. The device is operated via LCD front panel controls or SNMP management. The system is PSIP/EIA-608, 708 closed caption compliant.
The Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP supports 576i/480i, 576p/480p, 720p and 1080i decoding. It also down converts HD input to SD out if requested.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
• Inputs: Inputs may be 8VSB or QAM, IP with FEC, and DVB-ASI and SMPTE-310M signal
• Optional second 8VSB RF input
• Supports Pro-MPEG FEC on IP input
• Features 4.3 inch TFT-LCD monitor and 10 Watt speaker
• Full support for PSIP with table parsing and display
• Outputs: IP, HD-SDI, SDI, DVB-ASI, analog component (YPbPr or RGB), or composite (NTSC or PAL) MPEG or AC-3 audio
• May choose or automate choice of digital stream from 8VSB or DVB-ASI or SMPTE-310M or IP signal. Auto switching with sync loss.
• Selected digital stream is supplied in DVB-ASI, IP, or SMPTE-310M format signal
• Dual MPEG-2 (HD/SD) decoding, single MPEG-4/ H.264 decoding (single audio decoding only)
• H.264 (MPEG-4)/MPEG-2 MP@HL compliant video decoder supplies digital and analog video signal
• Digital video signal compliant with SMPTE-259M or SMPTE-292M (SDI) with embedded 8 channel audio (SMPTE-299M)
• Dolby Digital® AC-3, HE-AAC, and MPEG-1/2 5.1 channel audio decoder. SAP is option.
• Dolby Digital® AC-3 or PCM stereo audio selectable over BNC connector
• Dolby Prologic compatible stereo audio output on one XLR connector and one D-Sub 9P connector
• RGB video signal with 1080i/720p/576p/ 576i (480i) video mode
• 2 Lines by 40 characters LCD display
• PSIP/EIA-608, 708 closed caption compliant
• Down converts HD input to SD out
• Firmware upgradeable via Internet or USB
• USB 2.0 Support
• SNMP (10/100/1000 Ethernet) management support
Suggested Retail Prices:
Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP: $4,095 U.S.
Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP/RF with optional 2nd 8VSB RF input: $4,695 U.S.
Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP/+SAP with SAP: $4,695 U.S.
DVEO and Allview 8VSB/HD-SDI+IP are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or email@example.com. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
11409 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, California, 92127
phone: +1 (858) 613-1818
fax: +1 (858) 613-1815
DVEO division of Computer Modules, Inc.