Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
Product News: Controls & Controllers
RC8A Robot Controller meets ISO and UL safety compliance.
Press Release Summary:
Nov 30, 2017 -
RC8A Robot Controller comes in 12.5 in. x 14 in. foot print and is embedded with easier-to-use GUI. Unit allows user to communicate with 100 different types of devices. Product’s safety motion uses optical sensors and sensing devices.
Original Press Release
New RC8A Robot Controller Features Safety Motion Function
Press release date: Nov 29, 2017
Facilitates Human-Robot Collaboration
Dear Industry Professional,
Our latest RC8A robot controller adds a new DENSO Safety Motion function to the list of advanced advanced-performance features already available with the previous RC8 model.
Safety Motion uses optical sensors or other sensing devices to allow creation of virtual safety zones around the robot, making human-robot collaboration easier.
The sensors trigger a reduction in the speed of the robot to safe levels depending on the distance of the operator.
Other outstanding advantages and benefits of the RC8A controller include:
- World's smallest industrial robot controller in its class
- Footprint of only 12.5" x 14" saves valuable factory floor space and makes integration easier
- Improved, easier-to-use GUI reduces robot setup time
- Communicates with over 100 different types of devices
- ISO and UL safety compliance allows global deployment
To learn more about the new RC8A robot controller, visit www.densorobotics.com/products/rc8a.