Radware Introduces its Mobile Service Edge Strategy to Better Streamline Mobile Data Centers
New approach enables mobile operators to optimize core networks and next generation data centers by facilitating emerging mobile data ecosystems, coupled with high-capacity platforms
BARCELONA, -- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, Hall 4 - Level 1 (IMA Pavilion) -- Radware(Nasdaq: RDWR), a leading provider of integrated application delivery solutions for business-smart networking, today announced its Mobile Service Edge (MSE) strategy, a new approach targeted at high-end mobile operators enabling them to address the new challenges resulting from the dramatic growth of mobile data and wireless services while evolving towards 4G/LTE and the introduction of new data center architectures required to run services, networks and IT infrastructures more effectively.
Radware's MSE is designed to address and add value for all aspects of application delivery and security for current and upcoming mobile data networks, as well as for the mobile data-centers:
1. Enabling operators to gain full control, enhance scalability, flexibility and optimization over mobile data (including applications, Internet and OTT video) augmenting existing and future infrastructures.
2. Capitalizing on new data center architectures to enhance application delivery under consolidated virtualized networks and IT infrastructure as well as enabling emerging mobile cloud service models
3. Integrating and managing mobile security protection for critical services and network infrastructure under the service delivery framework
Carriers are seeing a change in terms of investment threats and partnership promotion whilst mobile providers are undergoing major technical and operational transformations. To address these shifts, operators need to invest in new application delivery technologies that will optimize emerging Long Term Evolution (LTE) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network architectures; realize new, cost-effective service models to deliver seamless mobile Internet services and applications with heightened quality of experience; and capitalize on new cloud-based service models by virtualizing the application delivery infrastructures of their mobile data centers.
MSE Core Components
Radware's MSE strategy offers close integration with emerging mobile data ecosystems coupled with high-capacity platforms and advanced, mobile application delivery services, to deliver a solid, scalable set of solutions to fully address current and future mobile data challenges. The three main components of the approach include:
1. Scalability through high-capacity platforms - powered by Radware's ATCA-compliant, OnDemand® Switch platforms, MSE solutions are designed to address the explosive mobile data growth and guarantee carrier-grade resiliency. By utilizing Radware's ADC-VX(TM), the industry's first Application Delivery Controller (ADC) hypervisor enabling ADC consolidation, Radware's MSE platforms delivers linear performance scalability, coupled with complete fault isolation for maximum operational predictability per service instance.
2. Integration to mobile data ecosystems - Empowered by Radware's new APSolute Vision® management platform, using a set of open APIs and plug-ins to reduce end-to-end provisioning cycles enabling complete service automation- across PCRF for the Gi/SGi mobile data networks, mobile data center cloud infrastructures,. Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and more
3. Mobile application delivery and security services -Radware is rolling out a set of unique application delivery services to streamline mobile service delivery, including: dynamic traffic steering for various applications and video optimization tools, enhanced scalability and priority recovering utilizing geo-redundancy and geo-diversity across networks and data centers, provide early indications for failed service component bypassing, move from dedicated resources for critical network and service protocols towards new models leveraging workload management capabilities empowered by server virtualization technologies, IMS resource optimization, integrated, multi-tier mobile security and extended data-mining, visibility and attack correlation.
"Our Mobile Service Edge solutions take the application delivery key virtues - including service enablement, optimization, resiliency, scalability, security and visibility - to enable faster, more secure mobile data service roll-outs with improved end-user experiences," said David Aviv, Vice - President Advanced Services, Radware. "Powered by our new high-end OnDemand switch, we can offer the required scalability needed by mobile operators to address business and network growth requirements yet still encourage a resilient operational network infrastructure to guarantee transaction completion and best QoE at all times."
Introducing the Alteon 10000
As part of its MSE strategy, Radware is launching the new Alteon® 10000 application switch. Powered by Radware's OnDemand Switch 4 hardware platform, Alteon 10,000 delivers on demand, extendable throughput of 80Gbps with breakthrough performance at any throughput point.
Built on an Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture (ATCA) chassis to meet the most demanding requirements and regulations specific to the carrier sector - the Alteon 10000 fulfills the challenging capacity growth needs required by the carrier sector including Internet, video, mobile, critical business and network services (including DNS, Diameter, DHCP and LDAP), SIP and VoLTE over IMS traffic data.
Additionally, adopting Radware's OnDemand approach, the chassis blades in the Alteon 10000 are hot swappable, allowing for blade replacements without stopping the entire chassis and thus, enabling for the use of the exact capacity required, preventing over-spending on the implementation initial solution. This ensures the best user experience and fastest response times for mission critical applications - resulting in effective, uninterrupted business operations. The Alteon 10000 is equipped with three AC/DC load sharing, hot-swappable power supplies and two hot-swappable fan trays - delivers carrier-grade reliability and unparalleled availability to effectively meet the dynamic demands of the mobile environment.
Radware (NASDAQ: RDWR), a global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assures the full availability, maximum performance, and complete security of business-critical applications for nearly 10,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide. With APSolute®, Radware's comprehensive and award-winning suite of application delivery and network security products, companies in every industry can drive business productivity, improve profitability, and reduce IT operating and infrastructure costs by making their networks "business smart". For more information, please visit www.radware.com.
CONTACT: Joyce Anne Shulman, +1-201-785-3209, email@example.com
Web Site: www.radware.com