PUReWall™ Panels meet ASTM E331 standards.
Press Release Summary:
Constructed using conventional wood frames and polyurethane-based insulation, PUReWall™ Panels feature minimal potential for condensation in wall assemblies. Available in PUReWall™ 60, PUReWall™ 45 and PUReWall™ 30 configurations, units come with weather-resistant barrier with polyiso board consisting of coated glass facer and taped joints. Suitable for panelizers, builders and homeowners, panels provides increase R-value and decreased air infiltration.
Original Press Release:
Covestro LLC's Innovative Panelization Technology to Revolutionize Homebuilding
- Insulated wall panel eliminates common wall assembly components
- Technology offers a cost-effective alternative to site-built framing
As the demand for new residential construction continues, more builders are turning to panelization – the prefabrication of structural building components in a factory instead of the job site. Panelization offers several benefits, including:
- Addresses the shortage of skilled construction workers
- Produces consistent, high-quality components in a controlled environment
- Reduces cycle time, waste and labor costs
At PCBC (http://www.pcbc.com), June 28-29, in San Diego, Covestro LLC will take panelized construction to the next level with the introduction of PUReWall™, a cost-effective, high-performance, insulated structural wall panel.
PUReWall™ panels are constructed at a panelization facility using conventional wood frames and polyurethane-based insulation that is both continuous and between framing. The rigid polyiso board continuous insulation reduces thermal bridging and has an integrated weather resistive barrier that eliminates the need for plastic house wrap. The rigid polyiso board, when combined with a structural closed cell spray polyurethane foam, provides a similar unit shear capacity to continuously sheathed wood structural panels.
PUReWall™ panels also provide the following advantages:
- Increased R-value and decreased air infiltration, contributing to a higher Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index score
- Passes ASTM E331 with an integrated weather-resistant barrier featuring polyiso board with coated glass facer and taped joints
- Scalable to provide thermal performance in the wall assembly as part of an overall building envelope approach for a Net-Zero capable structure
- Adaptable to meet all Climate Zone U values in IRC 2015
- Adaptable to meet California's Title 24 energy efficiency code requirements
- Has minimal potential for condensation in the wall assembly in both hot/humid and cold climates versus conventional wall assemblies
"The PUReWall™ system offers numerous benefits for panelizers, builders and homeowners," says Jim Lambach, manager of Building and Construction, Industrial Marketing, Polyurethanes, Covestro LLC. "By licensing our PUReWall™ technology, panelizers are able to integrate higher levels of functionality and quality in a wall assembly that simplifies on-site construction for builders with less waste, time and cost. The end product meets or exceeds International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) 2015 requirements, providing a better wall assembly for homeowners."
PUReWall™ panels are available in a range of configurations to meet thermal requirements, with demonstration panels for each located at the Covestro booth:
- PUReWall™ 60: U-0.060 (R-17) for Climate Zones 1-5 in IRC 2015 [2x4 construction with framing 24" on center (o.c.), 1" polyiso continuous insulation, 1.5" spray polyurethane foam insulation]
- PUReWall™ 45: U-0.045 (R-22) for Climate Zones 6-8 in IRC 2015 [2x4 construction with framing 24" o.c., 2" polyiso, 1.5" spray polyurethane foam insulation]
- PUReWall™ 30: U-0.030 (R-33) for beyond code wall assemblies for aspirational building designs, such as Net-Zero ready [2x6 construction with framing 24" o.c., 2" polyiso, 2.0" spray polyurethane foam insulation and fiberglass batt, reaching up to U-0.030 (R-34)]
For more info on PUReWall™ panels, visit www.purewall.covestro.com. Attendees at PCBC can visit Covestro's booth (#331) to see PUReWall™ panels first-hand and speak with the company's building and construction experts.
About Covestro LLC:
Covestro LLC is one of the leading producers of high-performance polymers in North America and is part of the global Covestro business, which is among the world's largest polymer companies with 2016 sales of over $13 billion (EUR 11.9 billion). Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, construction, wood processing and furniture, and electrical and electronics industries. Other sectors include sports and leisure, cosmetics, health and the chemical industry itself. Covestro has 30 production sites worldwide and employed approximately 15,600 people at the end of 2016.
Find more information at www.covestro.com or www.purewall.covestro.com.
Telephone +1 412 525 9330