Press Release Summary:
Proportional Valve Electrical Series 7 Actuators (PVE S7) come with microcontroller with embedded software algorithms. Operating in -40 to +90 °C temperature range, units use spool position feedback signal for closing the loop on PVG/Steering valve main spool position. Actuators are designed with fault monitoring, spool position sensor with dual demodulator. Units are enabled by LED lights for system upstart and event monitoring.
Original Press Release:
Danfoss Power Solutions Introduces New Proportional Valve Electrical (PVE) Actuators
PVE Series 7 provides valve customers with improved durability and reliability
The PVE series 7 is the newest actuator series to join the successful Danfoss PVE portfolio, which offers customers fast, accurate and intelligent operation with plug-and-perform design and works in conjunction with Danfoss high performance proportional valves - PVG 32, PVG 100, PVG 120 and the new PVG 128 and PVG 256, as well as steering valves EHPS, EH, EHi and OSPE.
“Our many years of experience in developing actuators has given us the edge when it comes to creating innovative, proven technologies for the PVE series,” said Knud Meldgaard Jensen, Global Product Marketing Manager for Danfoss Power Solutions. “Our OEM customers require reliable actuators that consistently deliver high performance, precision and robustness, and this new PVE actuator series delivers just that.” Danfoss was one of the first on the market to introduce electrically controlled valves and the new PVE Series 7 builds on over 40 years of actuator expertise.
Standard for all proportional PVE S7 is the use of a spool position feedback signal to close the loop on the PVG/steering valve main spool position, ensuring it is in the right position at a given input signal. This ensures high precision of the valve flow with high repeatability which leads to improved machine performance and productivity as well as less operator fatigue.
Improved reliability and safety
Danfoss PVE Series 7 actuators come with built-in safeguards, including fault monitoring and options of spool direction indication, spool position feedback and separate float control. The enhanced spool position sensor with dual demodulator increases the diagnostic coverage to make the actuators safer and more reliable. “With this advanced diagnostics system, we are checking that the spool position signal is not corrupted, ensuring high reliability,” added Knud Meldgaard Jensen.
The new PVE Series 7 has a number of proven-in-use features that deliver the high reliability expected of a Danfoss Power Solutions product.
- Ability to easily upgrade to the new PVE Series 7 actuator from PVE Series 4, as it is 100 percent backwards compatible with PVE Series 4 actuators. The PVE Series 7 will seamlessly replace PVE Series 4 actuators, while providing customers with all the new benefits.
- More space available around the valve due to the compact design of the new PVE Series 7, providing the OEMs with a better design flexibility.
- A microcontroller designed with embedded software algorithms, which gives increased repeatability and superior performance.
- Improved robustness and environmental withstand. An increased temperature range from -40 to +90 °C, allows the PVE Series 7 to operate in extreme conditions anywhere in the world, which results in more competitive machines for the OEMs.
- Easy to install on the machines and to be tested. Easy system upstart and event monitoring enabled by LED lights on all actuators so the electronic wiring can be tested without powering up the hydraulic system.
- Save time and extra expenses related to machine EMC testing when upgrading from PVE Series 4 to PVE Series 7 as the PVE Series 7 is E-marked according to UNECE R10.
Unmatched in performance and precision, the full portfolio of Danfoss PVE actuators gives OEMs confidence in knowing the machines will be reliable in all conditions. By using the same connector available on the existing actuators, OEMs can easily integrate and install the Danfoss PVE actuators and start taking advantage of all the benefits Danfoss PVE series actuators have to offer.
Danfoss engineers technologies that enable the world of tomorrow to do more with less. We meet the growing need for infrastructure, food supply, energy efficiency and climate-friendly solutions. Our products and services are used in areas such as refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, motor control and mobile machinery. We are also active in the field of renewable energy as well as district heating infrastructure for cities and urban communities. Our innovative engineering dates back to 1933 and today Danfoss is a world-leader, employing 24,000 employees and serving customers in more than 100 countries. We are still privately held by the founding family. Read more about us at www.danfoss.com.