No need for rails or rafter anchoring
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio, July 10, 2017 - Maneuvering mounting rails can be the most demanding part of installing rooftop PV solar modules. But now installers can avoid that - and mount modules faster and easier - with the POWER DISK™ rail-less mounting system from Preformed Line Products.
POWER DISK is a unique roof attachment that can go anywhere on residential rooftops. It does not need to be secured to rafters.
"Layout takes a fraction of the time and requires fewer components and tools than traditional rail-less systems," says John Markiewicz, Global Market Manager of Preformed Line Products. "The layout process is simple. You can place solar modules at precisely your preferred locations."
Install solar modules in four simple steps
- Snap chalk lines.
- Mount POWER DISK bases anywhere on the roof deck.
- Set solar modules in place.
- Spin the disks to vertically adjust height to roof undulations.
What's better about POWER DISK?
- Flexible. Modules can be set in portrait or landscape format.
- Adaptable. Attach POWER DISK directly to rafters - or not. It can attach anywhere to the roof deck.
- Compatible. It fits most framed 60- and 72-cell modules.
- Quick to install. POWER DISK is pre-assembled.
- Install it with 1½" roof deck screws (included) or optional 2½" lag bolt mounting.
- Built-in electrical grounding. Grounding clips are integrated in the mount.
- Optional flashing and Power trim skirting available.
- Available in black.
Visit us at Intersolar NA, Booth #9449, July 11-13, 2017.
Preformed Line Products has provided innovative mounting solutions for PV solar modules since 1993. Products include high-strength, easy-to-install racking systems for pole-mount, rooftop and ground-mount applications. Professional integrators and installers rely on PLP mounting systems and enclosures, which continue to outperform in harsh environments on stadiums, airports, retail stores, schools, universities and commercial buildings worldwide.
About Preformed Line Products
Founded in 1947, Preformed Line Products (Nasdaq: PLPC) designs and manufactures cable anchoring and control hardware and systems, fiber optic and copper splice closures, and high-speed cross-connect devices. Core markets include communications, energy, special industries and solar. Headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, PLP operates two domestic manufacturing centers, in Rogers, Arkansas, and Albemarle, North Carolina. It serves customers worldwide through operations in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, England, France, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Spain and Thailand.
1700 Louisiana Blvd., Suite 130
Albuquerque, NM 87110
P.O. Box 91129
Cleveland, Ohio 44101
Preformed Line Products,