Press Release Summary:
Supplied in 4 x 4 mm, 16-lead LFCSP, ADL5906 TruPwr™ RMS Power Detector requires single supply of 5 V andÂ few capacitors andÂ can be driven with single-ended or differential input drive. Detector supports RMS-to-DC conversion from 10 MHz to 10 GHz and offersÂ single-ended Â±1 dB detection range of up toÂ 67 dB at 2,140 MHz without requiring balun or external input matching. Response-independent of waveform types, product operates from -55 to +125Â°C and offers power-down capability to 250 ÂµA.
Original Press Release:
Analog Devices' RMS Power Detector Offers Unparalleled Frequency Performance and Flexibility
NORWOOD, Mass.--Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a world leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications and RF ICs, today introduced a high performance RMS power detector. Featuring operation up to 10 GHz and a 67 dB measurement range, the ADL5906 TruPwr™ RMS detector is frequency versatile and eliminates the need for external input tuning devices, such as a balun. The ADL5906 RF detector is well-suited for a variety of applications that require an accurate RMS measurement of signal power including communications infrastructure, power amplifier linearization, Point-to-Point and Point-to-MultiPoint, cable, military, satellite, instrumentation equipment and ISM band transmitters.
• Download data sheet or to order samples, see product page:
• Get support at ADI’s EngineerZone™ online support community:
• Browse ADI’s entire RF portfolio including over 1000 RF ICs covering the entire signal chain from antenna to bits and back as well as full suite of design tools: http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/products/index.html
Requiring only a single supply of 5V and a few capacitors, the new ADL5906 power detector is easy-to-use and capable of being driven with a single-ended or differential input drive. Furthermore, the ADL5906 provides low temperature drift across a broad -55ºC to +125ºC that is highly repeatable from part-to-part, thereby reducing design risk and manufacturing costs.
ADL5906 TruPwr RMS Power Detector Key Features:
• Accurate RMS-to-dc conversion from 10 MHz to 10 GHz
• Single-ended ± 1dB detection range: 67 dB at 2140 MHz, no balun or external input matching required
• Response-independent of waveform types such as GSM/CDMA/W-CDMA/TD-SCDMA/WiMAX/LTE
• Linear-in-decibels output, scaled 55 mV/dB at 2140 MHz
• Temperature stability of < ±1 dB from -40°C to +85°C
• Operates from -55°C to +125°C
• Power-down capability to 250 µA
• Pin-compatible with the ADL5902 and AD8363 TruPwr™ detectors
Full Volume Production
Price Each In 1,000 Quantities
4mm x 4mm 16-lead LFCSP
The ADL5906 RF detector can be easily designed with a broad array of ADI’s analog-to-digital converters, including the AD7466 12-bit ADC.
About Analog Devices
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
Analog Devices, Inc.
Colleen Cronin, 781-937-1622