Now Available, the ToneMaster™ & ToneSeeker™ Make Easy Work of Tracing & Locating Cables and Cable Ends
NEWBURY PARK, Calif., Oct. 3, 2017 - Platinum Tools® (www.platinumtools.com), the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, is proud to announce the launch of the new ToneMaster™ High Powered Tone Generator (p/n TG210C / TG220C), and the ToneSeeker™ Tone Tracer Probe (p/n TP250C). Both are now shipping. Professional Tone and Probe kits combining both the ToneMaster™ and ToneSeeker™ (p/n TG210K1 / TG220K1) are also now available.
“The Platinum Tools ToneMaster high-powered tone generator enables signal detection over 20 miles away, making tracing through walls and enclosures easier with multiple tones and power levels suited for network, signal wire, coax, and telephone cable applications,” explained Jason Chesla, Platinum Tools marketing manager. “The Platinum Tools ToneSeeker Tone Tracer is an ergonomic, high-sensitivity probe for field service professionals. Used in conjunction with any analog tone generator, the ToneSeeker identifies wire and cable without having to make direct metallic contact with the conductor. Combing the ToneMaster and ToneSeeker make the life of the tech much easier, saving time and, ultimately, the company’s bottom line.”
The ToneMaster’s four tone amplitude levels include normal and half, high-powered normal and half, with the half amplitude unbalanced for stronger signal effect on twisted pairs. In addition, depending on test requirements, three distinctly different tones can be selected from the front panel.
Additional features and specifications of the ToneMaster include:
- 700 percent more power than standard tone generators
- Unbalanced tone mode supports longer distances on UTP cables
- Constant amplitude output ensures no signal decrease as battery discharges
- Auto-off for battery conservation
- Full talk battery to power a dry line
- Includes No-Fault, RJ12 patch cable to plug ToneMaster into RJ45 or RJ11 jacks
- Tone may be added in any mode - phone sets without a monitor feature can pick up tone
- Models available with molded-in alligator clips or molded-in angled bed-of-nails (ABN) clips
- MSRP: $69.95 - $85.00
“The ToneSeeker Tone Tracer emits a clear and loud tone as a cable is traced,” Chesla continued. “Frequency filtering blocks out background noise and the auto-off extends battery life. The surface area and shape of the replaceable tip is optimized to detect weak tones and to penetrate wire bundles to make wire tracing easy.
Additional features and specifications of the ToneSeeker include:
- Comfortable ergonomic shape, balanced weight
- Volume control
- Recessed “on” switch
- Tip replacement without opening case
- Battery-low indicator
- Slender profile to fit in any tool pouch
- Lanyard attachment point
- Input Impedance: 10MΩ (to internal ground, inaccessible outside the case)
- Probe Tip Resistance (min): 10KΩ/square (bulk resistance)
- Frequency Range: 340 Hz – 1.6K Hz
- MSRP: $47.37
MSRP pricing for the Professional Tone and Probe kits (TG210K1 and TG220K1) are $104.21 and $121.05, respectively.
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.