Press Release Summary:
PC238USLC-11 Hydraulic Excavator is comes with Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter, Selective Catalyst Reduction system with Diesel Exhaust Fluid injection. Unit is offered with KomVision system that combines input from three cameras into a surround-view image of machine. Excavator offers six working modes such as P, E, L, B, Att-P, Att-E. Unit is equipped with LCD color monitor panel, temperature controlled viscous fan clutch and selectable, auxiliary hydraulic control option.
Original Press Release:
Komatsu America Corp. Introduces the New PC238USLC-11 Hydraulic Excavator
Heavy counterweight mass and rounded cab combine for true tight tail swing performance and better lift capacity than most conventional, same-size-class excavators
Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new PC238USLC-11 hydraulic excavator. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine and a new viscous fan clutch, engine parasitic loads are now lower, and productivity up to four percent higher, compared to the previous model.
“The PC238USLC-11 maintains the tight tail swing radius of its predecessor, making it well suited for utility and highway applications working in confined spaces,” said Andrew Earing, product manager, tracked machines, Komatsu America. “The machine’s contoured cab profile and sliding door allows the cab to swing within the same radius as the counterweight. The additional counterweight remains standard, giving the PC238USLC-11 equal or better lift capacity than conventional models in the same size class,” Earing said.
The PC238USLC-11 is available with Komatsu’s new KomVision system, a birds-eye-view camera system that combines input from three cameras into a surround-view image of the machine and surroundings to provide improved operator situational awareness.
Standard features of the new PC238USLC-11 include:
- Tier 4 Final certified engine technology:
- Powerful, efficient, SAA6D107E-3, 6.69L,167 net HP engine
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) added to reduce NOx emissions
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system, with Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) injection used to meet EPA Tier 4 Final requirements
- SCR catalyst does not require scheduled maintenance and is designed to match the life of the engine
New performance features include:
- Up to 4% greater productivity than the previous Dash 10 machine
- Maintenance made easier through monitor panel improvements and machine design that incorporates new Tier 4 Final technology
- KOMTRAX and monitor panel deliver vital machine data for easy monitoring and quick operator action
- New operator ID system provides KOMTRAX data to track operators, applications, and machine operation for up to 100 individual ID codes
- Six working modes (P, E, L, B, Att-P, Att-E) with energy-saving guidance incorporated into the monitor panel
- New temperature controlled viscous fan clutch reduces parasitic load on the engine
- Auto idle engine shut down helps reduce nonproductive engine idle time and reduces operating costs
Comfortable cab design - standard features include:
- Upgraded high-resolution, LCD color monitor panel incorporates the standard rearview camera display with gauges. “Ecology-Guidance” provides fuel-saving information to the operator
- ROPS certified cab design conforms to ISO 12117-2 and meets Operator Protective Guard (OPG) level one and ISO 10262 top guard standards
- New standard high capacity, high back, heated, air-ride seat
- Auxiliary jack to connect mp3 players or other digital devices
- Two 12-volt power ports in the cab
- New standard secondary engine shutdown switch
- Selectable, auxiliary hydraulic control option provides one way and two-way attachment flow in the monitor panel, with adjustable flow control
- Pattern change valve
Conveniently located maintenance locations:
- Same side, ground-level access to engine oil and filters for ease of maintenance
- Ground level fuel and engine oil filter service
- Ground level DEF fill access with sight glass
- 85-amp alternator
- Ground level, easy access to air filter and swing-out coolers
The PC238USLC-11, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE® includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) maintenance services and DEF tank flushes in the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.