Press Release Summary:
- Fully automated system can fulfill up to 1,200 ready-to-ship orders per hour
- Reduces labor-intensive manual packaging processes and provides a reliable answer to labor shortages
- Requires few line-hauls and achieve dimensional weight parcel savings
Original Press Release:
Packsize Presents 7 Ways to Increase Fulfillment Speed & Improve Order Optimization with The X7 Automated Right-sized Packaging System
Packsize Unveils X7 in Orlando at #LINK2019, RILA's Retail Supply Chain Conference.
Orlando — February 25, 2019 — Resolving the e-commerce industry’s need for high-volume, custom-sized box output, Packsize today announced the commercial availability of the X7™ Automated Right-sized Packaging System. The X7™ meets the high-capacity packaging demands for single or consolidated stackable product orders by achieving order process optimization through advanced packaging automation.
By adding Packsize’s advanced box production technology and On Demand Packaging® expertise to their fulfillment processes, the X7™ can improve retail packaging operations in the following seven ways:
- Enhanced speed and reliability. The X7™ meets efficiency requirements for high-production runs. In development and testing for two years, this second-generation, fully automated system can fulfill up to 1,200 ready-to-ship orders per hour.
- Reduced reliance on labor. As a fully automated solution, the X7™ reduces labor-intensive manual packaging processes and provides a reliable answer to labor shortages.
- Increased sustainability. The biggest driver in packaging continues to be sustainability, which is also seeing continued attention due to the rise of e-commerce. The X7™ facilitates positive, sustainable change through smart use of resources, an observed reduction in wasteful packaging, and helps retailers achieve a reduced carbon footprint.
- Increased customer satisfaction. According to an industry study commissioned by Packsize, organizations following sustainability practices realize favorable customer satisfaction, higher customer retention levels, and increased cost savings.
- Lower freight costs. Larger-than-needed packages shipped via truck, rail, ship, or plane waste valuable fuel resources. Right-sized orders produced by the X7™ require fewer line-hauls and achieve dimensional weight parcel savings.
- Fewer damages. Right-sizing orders reduces damage during shipping and delivers superior product protection, resulting in fewer returns.
- More warehouse space. A custom box-making solution reduces box obsolescence and management since there is no longer a need to stock and manage a large number or variety of box sizes. The X7™ also gives retailers the ability to optimize warehouse space for other value-driving activities.
“The power of the X7 is in taking our proven lower-volume processes and accomplishing for
e-commerce the most needed functions to make, pack, and ship a right-sized box in three seconds,” said Packsize Sr. Product Manager Connor Pehrson. “The X7™ is unrivaled when it comes to packaging speeds and reliability.”
Backed by a worldwide support organization of Packsize Care™ engineers and technicians, Packsize can assist every X7™ at the local level. Packsize can also complement the X7™ with a full spectrum of advanced packaging, automated systems, accessories, and consumables, as well as through expert know-how and capabilities customers need to improve their retail operations and supply chains.
Packsize is a multinational technology company that develops, manufactures, supports, and sells a full spectrum of advanced packaging systems and automated machine technology. Packsize customers achieve packaging sustainability workflow through the ability to create a right-sized box for every product, on demand. In doing so, these customers achieve packaging sustainability workflow that integrates with their environment to result in several operational efficiencies, savings, and most importantly—customer satisfaction. Learn how to benefit from Smart Packaging for a Healthy Planet® at packsize.com or call 801.944.4814. Follow Packsize on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
Director, Corporate Communications & Marketing
LBR Communications for Packsize