Press Release Summary:
- Available in air and conduction-cooled configurations that are ideal for use in aerospace and defense graphics applications with significant video data processing requirements
- Features 1.2 TFLOPS AMD Radeon E9171 GPU that provides twice the performance, at similar power levels
- Supports up to five simultaneous display outputs to DisplayPort™ and DVI output interfaces
Original Press Release:
Curtiss-Wright Announces New 1.2 TFLOPS Rugged XMC Graphics Display Processor Module
New AMD Radeon™ E9171-based XMC-4740 module delivers double the GPU performance without increasing power consumption
ASHBURN, Va. – February 24, 2020 – Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division, a trusted leading supplier of rugged C4ISR processing modules and systems, today announced the introduction of a new rugged video processing mezzanine module through its Reseller Agreement with WOLF Advanced Technology. Designed for high-performance video processing and display applications, the XMC-4740 features a 1.2 TFLOPS AMD Radeon E9171 GPU that provides twice the performance, at similar power levels, compared to the previous E8860 generation GPU. The XMC (VITA 42/61) mezzanine module supports up to five simultaneous display outputs to DisplayPort™ and DVI output interfaces. The module’s GPU is supported with 4 GB of high-speed GDDR5 128-bit graphics memory. The XMC-4740, available in both air and conduction-cooled configurations, is ideal for use in aerospace and defense graphics applications with significant video data processing requirements, such as video stabilization, image processing & enhancement, terrain and object tracking or 3D visualization of geospatial data.
“Warfighters need high-performance graphics systems with powerful 3D visualization capabilities that are delivered as close as possible to real-time,” said Lynn Bamford, President, Defense and Power. “As on-board video display capabilities increase, it’s important to ensure that increased performance doesn’t further burden already size, weight and power-constrained platforms. Our new XMC-4740 graphics display module doubles the visual performance in multi-display environments while holding the line on power consumption. This zero-footprint XMC mezzanine module provides a win-win for today’s SWaP challenged embedded systems.”
- XMC mezzanine form factor, supporting a fast 8-lane PCI Express (PCIe®) Gen3 interface
- AMD Radeon E9171 Graphics Engine, with 4 GB GDDR5 128-bit graphics memory
- Up to 1.2 TFLOPS performance
- Video Interfaces
- 5 x independent simultaneous outputs, supporting various combinations of DisplayPort and DVI interfaces
- 3 x display outputs on the XMC interface
- 2 x additional display outputs on the front panel of Air-cooled modules
- Hardware codec for H.264/H/265 encode & decode
- Available in air-cooled and conduction-cooled rugged formats
Software support for the XMC-4740 includes AMD software drivers that support Linux® and Windows® applications with OpenGL and Vulkan graphics APIs, as well as OpenCL™ to accelerate data processing algorithms. RTOS drivers are available for the Wind River® VxWorks® and Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP™ operating environments.
Complete System-Level HPEC Solutions
Resulting from Curtiss-Wright’s Reseller Agreement with WOLF Advanced Technology, the XMC-4740 has been pre-validated and is fully interoperable with Curtiss-Wright’s broad family of 3U and 6U system-level C4ISR OpenVPX™ solutions, and is available now for immediate delivery.
Sales inquiries: Please forward all Sales and reader service inquiries to [email protected].
For more information about the Curtiss-Wrights Defense Solutions division, please visit www.curtisswrightds.com.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company is headquartered in Davidson, N.C. and employs approximately 9,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.