Press Release Summary:
- Employs two fully-independent Super- Speed USB 3.0 ports for high-bandwidth applications
- FrontPanel SDK includes multi-platform API (Windows, macOS, and Linux) and very low logic utilization on the FPGA
- Offers 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM with (64-bit with ECC)
Original Press Release:
XEM8350 Kintex UltraScale Based FPGA Module
The XEM8350 Kintex UltraScale based FPGA module offers a turnkey dual Super-Speed USB 3.0 host interface using Opal Kelly’s FrontPanel SDK. System integrators can build fully-operational prototype and production designs quickly by integrating this device into their product. Manufacturers of high-speed devices such as JESD-204B data acquisition devices can launch fully-functional evaluation systems without the costly design and maintenance of an evaluation platform.
As an industry first, the XEM8350 features two fully-independent Super- Speed USB 3.0 ports for high-bandwidth applications requiring duplex operation or over 650 MB/s bandwidth. The FrontPanel SDK includes a multi-platform API (Windows, macOS, and Linux) and very low logic utilization on the FPGA.
Memory-hungry applications enjoy access to 4 GiB of on-board DDR4 memory with a 64-bit wide data bus and ECC.
- Dual SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports for high-bandwidth data transfer
- Xilinx Kintex UltraScale XCKU060 or XCKU115
- 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM with (64-bit with ECC)
- Over 330 I/O pins on three Samtec QTH connectors
- 28 multi-gigabit transceivers
- Small form-factor: 145mm x 85mm
- On-board programmable oscillator