Press Release Summary:
- Compatible with the automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus
- Accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates up to 40 million counts-per-second
- Digitally closed current loop and servo-loop ensure positioning accuracy and rate stability allowing loop closure rates up to 20 kHz
Original Press Release:
XC4 Single-Axis PWM Drive for Brushless DC, Brush DC, Voice Coil, and Stepper Motors
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- Up to 30 A peak output current
- Integral power supply
- Includes single-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- Safe Torque Off (STO) safety circuit
Aerotech’s XC4 PWM digital drive is a single-axis motor drive designed for brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, and stepper motors at up to 340 VDC operating voltage and 30 A peak current. All versions are compatible with the Automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus.
The digitally closed current loop and servo-loop ensure positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates up to 20 kHz as well as digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
Standard features include Safe Torque Off (STO), a data array consisting of over 4 million 32-bit elements, digital and analog I/O, one-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO), dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs, and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders.
The standard XC4 accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates up to 40 million counts-per-second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 16,384, producing high-resolution position feedback with the optional encoder multiplier feature.
Each single-axis XC4 PWM digital drive has an optional I/O expansion board, greatly increasing the number of I/O points. This I/O board includes a dedicated PSO output and a PSO synchronization input, often used to synchronize process control with an external mode-locked frequency input.
For further information, please contact Steve McLane at 412-967-6854 (direct), or via e-mail at email@example.com.
More information on the XC4 can be found at: