New XC2 PWM Digital Drive Includes Single-axis Position Synchronized Output
Press Release Summary:
- Controls brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil or stepper motors at up to 100 VDC operating voltage and 10 A peak current capability
- Accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts-per-second
- Compatible with the automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus
Original Press Release:
XC2 Compact, Single-Axis, PWM Digital Drive for Motion Control Applications
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- 10 A peak output current
- Drive brush, brushless, voice coil, or stepper motors
- Safe torque off (STO) safety circuit
- Includes single-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- High resolution digital current, velocity, and position loops
The XC2 PWM digital drive is a small form-factor, high-performance, single-axis motor drive designed for motion control applications. It is compatible with the Automation 3200 motion platform utilizing the HyperWire® motion bus. The XC2 can control brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, or stepper motors at up to 100 VDC operating voltage and 10 A peak current capability.
The current loop and servo-loop are digitally-closed to ensure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates of up to 20 kHz while also permitting real-time digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication.
The XC2 includes safe torque off (STO), a data array consisting of over 4 million 32-bit elements, dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs, and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders.
The XC2 accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts-per-second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 16,384 for high-resolution position feedback.
Each single-axis XC2 PWM digital drive has an optional I/O expansion board, greatly increasing the number of I/O points. This I/O board also includes a dedicated PSO output.
For further information, please contact Steve McLane at 412-967-6854 (direct), or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.