Press Release Summary:
- Feature a patent-pending zero-penetration membrane roof system backed by the confidence of a 10-year roof warranty
- Provides slide-out coil stacking racks with removable coil pull wall panel, raised coil, motor removal rails, inward-swinging doors and inside door handles
- Ideal for many HVAC air handling system applications, including schools, hospitals, laboratories and gymnasiums
Original Press Release:
Johnson Controls Introduces Integrated Wrap-around Heat Exchangers for Compact Air-handler Footprint
Wrap-around heat exchangers now available on YORK® Solution™ Indoor and Outdoor units
Milwaukee – (Feb. 5, 2020) – Johnson Controls today announced that it has added fully integrated, factory-built and installed wrap-around heat exchangers (WAHX) to its YORK® Solution™ Indoor and Outdoor air-handling units, meeting a growing need for energy-efficient dehumidification methods in a compact footprint.
Integrated WAHX offer dehumidification benefits for many HVAC air handling system applications, including schools, hospitals, laboratories and gymnasiums. They’re manufactured on the same line as YORK AHRI 410-certified air handler coils. Johnson Controls guarantees the performance and reliability of the entire system, without need for onsite installation or additional manufacturing lead time.
YORK Solution Indoor and Outdoor units with WAHX possess all the industry-leading innovations for which Solution has become known, including:
- AMCA-certified fan systems, including both AC induction and EC motor options to meet project requirements for performance, efficiency, acoustics, size, footprint, serviceability and redundancy.
- Service-friendly features such as slide-out coil stacking racks with removable coil pull wall panel, raised coil supports for easy drain pan access, motor removal rails, inward-swinging doors and inside door handles.
- Standard Building Information Models (BIMs) to aid in design and engineering.
YORK Solution Outdoor units are engineered specifically for use in outdoor environments and feature a patent-pending zero-penetration membrane roof system backed by the confidence of a 10-year roof warranty. They also include an exterior two-layer coating system with a salt spray test rating that exceeds 2,000 hours – up to four times longer than other paint systems. YORK Solution Outdoor units are the first semi-custom air handlers to offer a full-length integral factory-installed service vestibule, providing convenient, safe service access with full protection from inclement weather conditions.
For more information about YORK Solution air handlers with WAHX, visit the Johnson Controls booth (#3833) at the 2020 AHR Expo.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Johnson Controls, Building Technologies & Solutions
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641