Press Release Summary:
- Features Interior Push Button (IPB) that can easily lock classroom door from inside
- Provides schools with enhanced security and greater control in emergency situations
- Allows students and faculty inside a classroom to lock the door and restrict access only to privileged card holders or first responders
Original Press Release:
Sielox Expands Integration with Allegion to Accommodate New Schlage® NDE Wireless Lock for Improved K-12 Security
New NDE Locks Feature an Interior Push Button (IPB) to Easily Lock Classroom Doors from the Inside
Runnemede, NJ (April 15, 2020) - Sielox LLC has further expanded the integration of its leading access control and emergency notification solutions with Allegion US to include the new enhanced Schlage® NDE wireless lock featuring an Interior Push Button (IPB) which can easily lock a classroom door from the inside. Sielox is the first to complete the integration to include this new generation of Schlage NDE wireless locks, providing schools with enhanced security and greater control in emergency situations.
“The new Schlage NDE wireless lock with interior push button locking capability provides a fast and easy way to immediately secure a classroom door from the inside in the event of an emergency situation,” said Karen Evans, CEO and President at Sielox. “This new integration further capitalizes on the inherent benefits wireless and WiFi locks provide for advanced networked access control systems.”
Designed to meet the pressing demand for expansive school security nationwide, the new Schlage NDE mobile enabled wireless lock benefits schools in a variety of ways including:
- New Interior Push Button (IPB): Expands the way the lock operates to include storeroom, office and privacy functions. It allows students and faculty inside a classroom to simply lock the door with a push of a button, restricting access only to privileged card holders or first responders
- Advanced encryption and communication security: Provided at lock and as part of the larger system
- Ease of installation: Fits mechanical Schlage ND door prep with minor modifications for new DPS (Door Position Switch)
- Same price, with major upgrade: The list price is the same as the legacy NDE lock, while offering upgraded features including IPB
“Allegion consistently looks for ways to deliver innovation and continuous improvement for end users and integrators, so we are excited to expand integrations with Sielox and bring this to market,” said Mark Casey, director of commercial electronic sales at Allegion. “Schlage NDE mobile enabled wireless locks are ideal for schools that want an affordable, interoperable solution that offers advanced access control from the inside-out, for added protection during crises, when advanced security measures are needed.”
Prior to this latest collaboration with Allegion, Sielox was first-to-market integration with networked Schlage® locks and Von Duprin® devices providing Over Network Reprogramming (ONR) firmware updates via Sielox's popular 1700 Controller. Sielox also previously integrated its flagship Pinnacle Access Control Platform and Schlage NDE wireless cylindrical and LE wireless mortise locks to provide remote control and management of doors using a facility’s existing WiFi infrastructure, dramatically reducing installation costs.
For more information on Sielox LLC solutions, visit sielox.com.
For more information on Allegion products that work with Sielox, visit the software alliance integration details page.
About Sielox LLC
Sielox Layered Security Systems provide a smart way to protect people, property and assets with the highest levels of performance, reliability and cost-efficiency. Since 1979, Sielox has built its expertise working with integration partners and end-users in all types of facilities. Our “Made in USA” lockdown solutions include the AnyWare Browser-Based Access Control Solution, CLASS Crisis Lockdown Alert Status System, 1700 Intelligent Controller and Pinnacle Advanced Access Control Software integrated with leading manufacturer wireless locks. Follow us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Allegion (NYSE: ALLE) is a global pioneer in seamless access, with leading brands like CISA®, Interflex®, LCN®, Schlage®, SimonsVoss® and Von Duprin®. Focusing on security around the door and adjacent areas, Allegion secures people and assets with a range of solutions for homes, businesses, schools and institutions. Allegion had $2.9 billion in revenue in 2019, and sells products in almost 130 countries. For more, visit www.allegion.com.