Press Release Summary:
- Features High tolerance to high temperature, shock, moisture, EMI, RFI and magnetic fields
- Contains digital interfaces for absolute position and auto calibration option
- Includes electric field generator, sinusoidal-shaped dielectric rotor and processing electronics
Original Press Release:
Netzer Introduce The VLX-60 Absolute Encoder for Harsh Environments
The VLX-60 is a new member of the VLX series of Electric Encoders™ a product line based on Netzer Precision Motion Sensor proprietary technology. EE products are characterized by features that enable unparalleled performance including:
- Low profile (<10 mm)
- Hollow shaft (Stator / Rotor)
- No bearings or other contact elements
- High resolution and unparalleled precision
- Very low weight
- Holistic signal generation
- Digital interfaces for absolute position
- Extremely low profile & weight
- Auto calibration option
- Hollow floating shaft; no bearing or other contacts
- High tolerance to temperature extremes, shock, moisture, EMI, RFI and magnetic fields
The holistic structure of the Electric Encoder™ makes it unique: Its output reading is the averaged outcome of the entire area of the rotor. This feature allows the EE a tolerant mechanical mounting and to deliver outstanding precision.
Due to the absence of components such as ball bearings, flexible couplers, glass discs, light sources and detectors along with very low power consumption enables the EE to deliver virtually failure-free performance in nearly all types of conditions.
The internally shielded, DC- operated EE includes an electric field generator, a field receiver, sinusoidal-shaped dielectric rotor, and processing electronics.
The EE output is a digital serial synchronous with absolute position single turn.
This combination of high precision, low profile and, low weight has made Netzer Precision encoders highly reliable and particularly well suited to a wide variety of industrial automation applications.
Information on the VLX-60 Absolute Encoder from Netzer can be viewed at: https://www.electromate.com/pub/media/assets/catalog-library/pdfs/netzer-precision/VLX-60-V02.pdf
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Toll Free Phone: 877-737-8698
Toll Free Fax: 877-737-8699