Press Release Summary:
- Delivers fast, affordable and coherent analysis for wideband measurements up to 110 GHz
- Offers bandwidth model that matches typical RF equipment
- Provides signal integrity with EVM below 0.6 percent for 5G new radio (NR) FR2 tests and 1 percent for 802.11ay technologies
Original Press Release:
Keysight Technologies Announces the First Single Box, Multi-Channel Solution for Wideband mmWave Measurements
Delivers fast, affordable, coherent analysis for wideband measurements up to 110 GHz; accelerating development of next generation mmWave communications, satellite communications and radar applications
Santa Rosa, Calif., September 09, 2019 -- Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, announced the first single box multi-channel solution for wideband mmWave measurements. New available functionality to Keysight UXR-Series of oscilloscopes delivers fast, affordable, coherent analysis for wideband measurements up to 110 GHz; accelerating development of next generation mmWave communications, satellite communications and radar applications.
In recent years, mmWave and RF technologies have pushed frequencies above 100 GHz, with wide bandwidth needs easily reaching 10s of GHz. Technologies such as 802.11ay (WiGig), 802.11ad (gigabit wireless), satellite communications, radar, and 5G, have frequencies that reach well into the mmWave spectrum. Traditionally, measurements at these frequencies required a mixture of instruments and impairment causing down-converters or the need to purchase an expensive 1mm input oscilloscope with 80 to 110 GHz of bandwidth.
Keysight's mmWave Wideband Analyzer and UXR-Series oscilloscopes enable dynamic wideband analysis for frequencies of up to 110 GHz, and offers customers:
- A unique bandwidth pricing model that matches typical RF equipment, in which the price correlates with the analysis bandwidth needed – eliminating the need to purchase the full frequency range the oscilloscope hardware supports.
- The ability to configure optional 5 GHz or 10 GHz analysis bandwidth windows within and above the UXR's natively licensed bandwidth – limited only by the hardware's maximum supported frequency range.
- Hardware accelerated DDC to decimate oscilloscope captures in real-time enabling deep captures exceeding several seconds of time and accelerating processing up to 100x faster than non-decimated measurements.
- Availability of >2 GHz of Digital Down Conversion (DDC) analysis bandwidth that can be used in conjunction with available mmWave frequency extension options to extend DDC accelerated frequency ranges as high as 110 GHz.
- Superior signal integrity with error vector magnitude (EVM) below 0.6 percent for 5G new radio (NR) FR2 tests and 1 percent for 802.11ay technologies, i.e. EVM measurements taken now reflect the true device under test (DUT) performance, without impairments caused by noise of the measurement system.
"Keysight recognized the growing need for a cost-effective oscilloscope that supported today’s emerging mmWave technology wide bandwidth measurement requirements," said Brad Doerr, vice president and general manager of digital and photonics R&D for Keysight's Communications Solutions Group. "Keysight's UXR is the first oscilloscope on the market to address mmWave technologies and advanced applications such multiple input multiple output (MIMO) with up to four channels for the price of a 25 GHz scope."
Pricing and availability
Keysight's mmWave Wideband Analyzer and UXR-Series Oscilloscopes are available now, at a starting price of US $170,000.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.9B in fiscal year 2018. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
Geri Lynne LaCombe
+1 303 662 4748
Fusako Dohi, Asia
+81 42 660-2162