Press Release Summary:
- Solid state solution for UV PMT (Photo Multiplier Tube) applications
- Provides high-temperature stability than silicon
- Features 1 nW/cm2 sensitivity
Original Press Release:
UV APD (Avalanche Photodiodes) for Flame Detection
Electro Optical Components introduces UV Solar Blind Silicon Carbide (SiC) Avalanche Photodiode (APD) for low signal applications in the UV range like flame detection.
The Silicon Carbide (SiC) UV APD has many of the properties of other APDs in that it is extremely sensitive and has high signal gain, but is only sensitive to UV. These SiC UV APDs are a solid state solution for UV PMT (Photo Multiplier Tube) applications. Besides responding only to the UV, the tough silicon carbide (SiC) gives you:
- Stability in high energy UV applications
- Higher temperature stability than silicon
- Great for UV Flame Detection
The general specifications are:
- Sensitivity 1 nW/cm2
- Gain 105 - 106
- Solid State Replacement for UV PMTs (Photo Multiplier Tubes)
This UV Solar Blind Silicon Carbide (SiC) Avalanche Photodiode (APD) is available from Electro Optical Components.