Press Release Summary:
- GRV-ITM-12 provides a high-density, low-cost temperature sensing option with two isolated zones and 6 channels per zone
- Accurate to 0.1% of the configured range over 20-bit resolution for V/mV sensing with accuracy ranging from 2.0-5.0 °C for thermocouple sensing
- GRV-CCANI-2 supports integrating CAN data into control applications using IEC 61131-3 languages
Original Press Release:
Opto 22 Releases Two More groov EPIC I/O Modules for 2019
New modules support CAN bus integration and high-density temperature sensing
Temecula, CA - December 17, 2019 – Hot on the heels of the recent release of three specialty input/output modules for the groov EPIC® platform, Opto 22 announces two more modules to close out the year. For system integrators and engineers, the new I/O modules provide more options for bringing field bus networks into groov EPIC, as well as meeting requirements for temperature control applications with high I/O count.
GRV-CCANI-2 (serial communication, 2 channels, CAN 2.0B, channel-to-channel isolation) is the first module in the groov EPIC platform to provide hardware support for an industrial field bus. This new module enables existing CAN networks to be brought into IIoT applications using groov EPIC’s fluid IT/OT connectivity tools, like Ignition Edge®, Node-RED, and MQTT. groov EPIC also supports integrating CAN data into control applications using IEC 61131-3 languages and enables mobile visualization of CAN data using groov View™. Up to 8 CAN buses per processor at network speeds up to 1 Mbps are supported.
GRV-ITM-12 (analog input, 12 channels, thermocouple or millivolt) provides a high-density, low-cost temperature sensing option with two isolated zones and 6 channels per zone. Each channel is software configurable to one of seven millivolt ranges or eight thermocouple types (Type B, E, J, K, N, R, S, T). GRV-ITM-12 is accurate to 0.1% of the configured range over 20-bit resolution for V/mV sensing, with accuracy ranging from 2.0-5.0 °C for thermocouple sensing.
GRV-CCANI-2 ($395) and GRV-ITM-12 ($675) are available now. All modules can be purchased through Opto 22’s global network of distributors and system integrators, or directly via www.opto22.com and +1-800-321-OPTO.
Opto 22 designs groov I/O modules with the end-user in mind, including many features to make them easy to specify, install, configure, and support for even the most challenging applications. These new modules continue that tradition with the following features:
- Two-position, hinged LED module cover that indicates module status and covers field terminations
- Touch-sensitive pad triggering module information display on the groov EPIC processor
- Removable top-mounted connector with single, captive retention screw
- Spring-clamp field wiring terminals
- Hot-swappable for installation and removal without turning off or stopping the system
- UL Hazardous Locations approved and ATEX compliant
- Wide operating temperature range of -20 to +70 °C
- Individually factory tested twice and calibrated before shipment
- Guaranteed for life (GRV-CCANI-2 for 30 months)
With this latest module release, customers can choose from almost 40 types of groov I/O modules to support their application requirements. Combined with its variety of embedded software tools for control, visualization, and connectivity, this extensive I/O family makes groov EPIC one of the most versatile tools for industrial automation and IIoT (industrial internet of things) systems.
About Opto 22
Opto 22 designs and manufactures industrial automation and control products and Internet of Things systems that bridge the gap between information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) under the brand names groov EPIC, SNAP PAC, PAC Project, Factory Floor, mistic, Optomux, and more. Based on a core design philosophy of leveraging open, standards-based technology, Opto 22 products are deployed worldwide in industrial automation, process control, building automation, industrial refrigeration, remote monitoring, and data acquisition applications. Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A., Opto 22 products have a worldwide reputation for ease-of-use, innovation, quality, and reliability. For over 45 years OEMs, machine builders, automation end-users, and information technology and operations personnel have and continue to trust Opto 22 to deliver high-quality products with superior reliability. The company was founded in 1974 and is privately held in Temecula, California, U.S.A. Opto 22 products are available through a global network of distributors and system integrators. For more information, contact Opto 22 headquarters at +1-951-695-3000 or visit www.opto22.com. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube.