Press Release Summary:
- Manages and tracks training certification of laboratory personnel to ensure that only trained, certified and competent personnel can perform analytical tests
- Features include tests and calibrations, develop methods, evaluate, analyze and validate results, approve test reports and calibration certificates using signatures
- Offers schedule and plan training, assign testing, keep personnel informed of upcoming training events, etc. and is ideal for food and beverage, cannabis, agriculture, water, and soil testing laboratories
Original Press Release:
CloudLIMS’ New Training Module Continues Commitment to supporting ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation
Wilmington, Delaware – September 18, 2019, CloudLIMS, a leading laboratory data management informatics provider, announces the release of the Training Module for its Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), CloudLIMS. The Training module is for testing laboratories, such as food and beverage, cannabis, agriculture, water, and soil, enabling them to meet ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation requirements. The module helps laboratories manage, and track training and certification of laboratory personnel to ensure that only trained, certified and competent personnel can perform analytical tests.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is an international standard for the accreditation of testing laboratories to assure quality. It requires all testing laboratories to assess the competency of laboratory personnel to ensure that they are capable to operate specific equipment, perform tests and/or calibrations, develop methods, evaluate, analyze and validate results, approve test reports and calibration certificates using signatures. With CloudLIMS' Training module, a laboratory can schedule & plan training, assign testing to trained personnel, keep personnel informed of upcoming training events, etc. Besides, a competency report can be generated for the entire laboratory staff along with training undertaken by the individual.
Key Benefits of the Training Module Include:
- Manage and track the skills and training of staff
- Schedule and invite an individual or a group for training
- Manage training details and attendance
- Mark competence and certify laboratory personnel
- Assign instrument calibration and test & validation tasks to competent staff
- Generate competency report
Please visit the upgrades page for release notes.
"CloudLIMS takes on the additional role of a QMS by providing a mechanism to testing laboratories for identifying training needs and marking trained personnel," said Arun Apte, Chief Executive Officer at CloudLIMS. "Through its Training module, CloudLIMS provides laboratories an efficient tool for increasing productivity and performance and at the same time, follow regulatory compliance," he continued.
CloudLIMS.com is an ISO 9001:2015 certified informatics company. Their SaaS in the cloud Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), CloudLIMS, offers strong data security, complimentary support and instrument integration services to help biobanks, clinical, research and testing laboratories manage data, automate workflows, and follow regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, ISO 20387:2018, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR Part 11 and ISBER Best Practices at zero upfront cost. For more information, please visit: cloudlims.com.