Press Release Summary:
- Smart range alarms with four HART alarms that detect when the variable is within or outside of user preset limits
- Sensor drift and corrosion detection checks and alerts user when the sensor is drifting out of a preset range
- Configured and interrogated on the 4-20mA loop via HART handheld communicator or HART compatible host
Original Press Release:
STZ Temperature Transmitter Designed for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Adds to Moore Industrie's Line of Functional Safety Products
North Hills, CA — Moore Industries has released the SIL 3-capable STZ Functional Safety Smart HART Temperature Transmitter family. Part of the FS FUNCTIONAL SAFETY SERIES, the STZ is a dependable and accurate temperature transmitter for use in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) where dangerous processes occur. The STZ has been certified by exida after rigorous evaluation to ensure conformance with strict IEC 61508:2010 standards for safety-related applications.
The new STZ offers a dual sensor input that reduces process interruptions. Backup and Fail-Over Protection allows either of the sensors or inputs to be designated as the primary measurement, with the secondary input acting as the backup sensor in case of primary sensor failure. The dual sensor input also allows for Average and Differential measurements along with High-Select and Low-Select options.
The STZ also features Moore Industries’ Device Intelligence, a series of features designed for smarter control and monitoring including:
- Sensor drift and corrosion detection that checks and alerts users when the sensor is drifting out of a preset range or when the resistance due to corrosion exceeds set parameters.
- Smart range alarms with four HART alarms – set to any input or calculated input – that detect when the variable is within or outside of user preset limits.
- A High Availability option that enables the selection of how the AO behaves when there is an input failure or out-of-range value detected by the transmitter. This helps prevent spurious trips or nuisance alarms in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Input simulation capability allowing manual input of a direct or calculated value. This essentially simulates a real input, allowing users to test the AO or any HART diagnostic and range alarms – which assists in proof test procedures.
The STZ is HART 7 compliant with exception-based reporting and dynamic variable mapping. It is HART and DTM programmable with user-oriented basic configuration for fast and accurate setup. Utilizing the HART DD, it can be configured and interrogated on the 4-20mA loop via any HART handheld communicator or HART compatible host. To prevent unauthorized or accidental reconfiguration of the STZ while it’s performing its safety function, it has an added security feature to allow users to set HART communication into a Read Only or Off mode. Users can also program or monitor the transmitter with any FDT compliant host or program such as PACTware using the STZ DTM.
About Moore Industries-International, Inc.:
Based in North Hills, CA, Moore Industries is a world leader in the design and manufacture of rail, panel and field instruments for industrial process control and monitoring, system integration and factory automation. The company has direct sales offices in the United States and additional strategic worldwide locations in Australia, Belgium, the Netherlands, the People's Republic of China and the United Kingdom. The company serves a variety of industries such as chemical and petrochemical; power generation and transmission; petroleum extraction, refining and transport; pulp and paper; food and beverage; mining and metal refining; pharmaceuticals and biotechnology; industrial machinery and equipment; water and wastewater; and environmental and pollution monitoring.
For more information on Moore Industries, visit www.miinet.com.
Tom Watson, (818) 894-7111