New Steel Roof Deck Offers Quick Installation
Press Release Summary:
- Covers larger area with fewer deck panels
- Comes with superior NRC values that meet or exceed similar industry offerings
- Ideal for spacious and expansive structures currently experiencing a building boom
Original Press Release:
New Millennium Introduces 32-inch-Wide Steel Roof Deck
Fort Wayne, INDIANA — March 3, 2021 — New Millennium Building Systems today announced the addition of NW32™ steel roof deck and NW32 acoustical deck to the company’s line of award-winning roof and floor systems. At 32 inches wide, NW32 roof deck is 8 inches wider than standard N deck, enabling it to cover larger areas with fewer deck panels.
NW32 steel roof deck adds another cost-efficient, high-performance option to what already is the broadest and deepest roster of structural steel building systems under one roof,” said Don Ross, Sales Manager at New Millennium. “Versatile and quickly installed, NW32 is the ideal solution for the spacious and expansive structures currently experiencing a building boom, particularly urban warehouses, data centers, last-mile distribution centers, fulfillment centers, hangars and big-box retail.”
NW32 Acoustical deck offers all the benefits of NW32 deck, but with perforations in the vertical ribs. This new acoustical deck has superior NRC values that meet or exceed similar industry offerings.
Other features of the NW32 deck:
- Less labor: NW32 roof deck covers a larger area with fewer deck panels, meaning there are fewer to lift, spread and connect.
- Quicker installation: Thanks to its large coverage area, there are fewer panels to install, fewer side laps to connect and fewer connections to the frame.
- Safety: A quicker installation is a safer installation, as workers spend less time at dangerous heights.
- Lower costs: Quicker installation and less labor result in lower costs. In addition, with fewer connections and side laps, there are less material costs associated with NW32 installation
A 32-inch roof deck, NW32 makes large open spaces possible in structures such as gymnasiums while limiting the number of structural supporting members required. A cellular profile will be available later this year.
For more information about NW32, visit www.newmill.com/steel-deck/roof-deck/n-deck.html.
About New Millennium Building Systems
New Millennium Building Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Steel Dynamics Inc., is the second-largest provider of cost-efficient, high-performance structural steel joist, joist girder, and roof and floor deck solutions for commercial steel construction projects in the United States. Founded in 1999 in Butler, Indiana, New Millennium has one clear mission: to be a trusted collaborator in the design, engineering, and supply of structural steel joist and deck building systems. Together, let’s build it better. Visit New Millennium at https://www.newmill.com/