Press Release Summary:
- Material is fed to a slurry box, which liquifies it to improve the screening and stratification processes
- Three-deck horizontal screen washes and sizes three products from a top, middle or bottom deck
- Applications include operations with settling ponds, crushed aggregate, sand and gravel, dredging and frac sand
Original Press Release:
Superior to Premier New Screen/Wash Plant at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020
Morris, Minn. – Superior Industries, Inc., a U.S. based manufacturer and global supplier of bulk material processing and handling systems, will showcase a newly configured portable wash plant at booth C31389 during CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020. It’s one of a dozen new products the company will introduce during the Las Vegas trade show in March.
Capable of producing as many as five products, the Portable Spirit® Wash Plant carries a 6x20 Guardian® Horizontal Screen, plus a sand production module and ultrafines recovery module.
- Material is fed to a slurry box, which liquifies it to improve the screening and stratification processes.
- The three-deck horizontal screen washes and sizes three products from a top, middle or bottom deck.
- Leftover sand is then processed through one of two Spirits Wash Modules. These modules consist of one or more Helix® Cyclones followed by a dewatering screen.
- The first wash module uses a cyclone to size and separate material for a traditional sand product. A dewatering screen ensures it’s instantly salable off the discharge chute.
- Depending on the deposit, an optional ultra fines recovery module washes out -100 to -400 fines for microfine material, which is saved from being lost to a waste pond.
“It’s the first time such a configuration has been created for the portable market in North America,” says Matt Voigt, manager of portable plants at Superior. “We incorporated our low profile dewatering screens and a series of hydraulically-powered components to ensure the plant is road permissible and quick to deploy.”
Applications for the new portable plant include operations with settling ponds, crushed aggregate, sand and gravel, dredging and frac sand.
Superior Industries at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020
Superior will launch a dozen new products for crushing, screening, washing and conveying applications. Displayed equipment will include the brand new Sentry™ Horizontal Shaft Impact (HSI) crusher, Fusion™ Modular Platform, belt drive Valor® Vertical Shaft Impact (VSI) crusher, bolted model Liberty® Jaw Crusher, Alliance® Low Water Washer and Portable Spirit® Wash Plant. Additional equipment with new features include the Anthem® Inclined Screen, gear drive Valor® Vertical Shaft Impact (VSI) crusher, P500 Patriot® Cone Crusher, Aggredry® Dewatering Washer and TeleStacker® Conveyor. Additionally, aftermarket solutions including new conveyor idlers, pulleys and accessories, plus crushing rotors, cone bushings, cone heads and jaw dies will be displayed alongside a multimedia experience showcasing several turnkey projects completed by the company’s construction management division. See Superior inside Central Hall at booth C31389 and start with the ones who change the game.
About Superior Industries, Inc.
From Rock Face to Load Out®, Superior Industries engineers and manufactures groundbreaking bulk material processing and handling equipment and cutting-edge components. From its headquarters in Morris, Minnesota, USA, the manufacturer supplies bulk crushing, screening, washing and conveying systems and related parts for industries like aggregates, mining, bulk terminals, agriculture, power and biomass. In addition to its home plant, Superior operates from five additional U.S. facilities, three in Brazil and two more in Canada.
4486 Portage St NW
Rochester, MN 55901
P: (320) 260-6733