Press Release Summary:
- RM-N8MMI SMARC 2.0 CPU module features GC 320 GPU, 2GB soldered LPDDR4 and up to 64GB eMMC flash memory.
- Available with an industrial grade variant that runs from -40°C to +85°C extended temperature
- Suitable for multimedia and IoT applications that require low power and high performance in transportation passenger information and entertainment systems.
Original Press Release:
SMARC 2.0 CPU Module with NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor
Taipei, Taiwan, February 27, 2020 - IBASE Technology Inc. (TPEx: 8050), a leading manufacturer of embedded boards and industrial computing systems, announced the release of the RM-N8MMI SMARC 2.0 CPU Module built with NXP ARM Cortex-A53 i.MX 8M Mini Quad 1.6GHz industrial-grade processors. Together with a customized carrier board equipped with an array of serial, video and network interfaces, the RM-N8MMI solution is the perfect choice for multimedia and IoT applications that require low power and high performance in transportation passenger information and entertainment systems.
“The modular approach of the SMARC specification allows customers to take full advantage of the scalability benefit, optimized time-to-market and upgrade capability,” said Archer Chien, Director of Solution Product Planning Dept. at IBASE. “The cost-efficient RM-N8MMI offers a competitive advantage to our customers by reducing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and lowering the lifecycle costs.”
The new RM-N8MMI module measures 82mm by 50mm and features Vivante’s GC 320 GPU, 2GB soldered LPDDR4 and up to 64GB eMMC flash memory. Extensive I/Os supported include 1x GbE, 2x USB 2.0 with OTG interface, 1x MIPI CSI-2 for image capture, 4x UART, 2x SPI, 2x I2S, 2x SPI and 1x PCI-E (x1) Gen2.
Shipped with extended longevity of up to 10 years, the RM-N8MMI is provided with Yocto BSP and Android 9.0 support. It is available with an industrial grade variant that runs from -40°C to +85°C extended temperature, as well as the RP-103-SMC carrier board providing users a rich set of interfaces and 12V~24V DC input.
RM-N8MMI Series FEATURES:
- With NXP Cortex-A53 i.MX 8M Mini Quad 1.6GHz industrial-grade processors
- 2GB LPDDR4, 8GB eMMC on board
- Wide operating temperature from -40°C to 85°C
- Rich peripheral I/O support
- Validated with Yocto v2.5 and Android 9.0
- Long life time supply with NXP solution
- Compliant with SGeT standard SMARC™ V2.0
About IBASE Technology
IBASE Technology (TPEx: 8050) specializes in the design and manufacturing of robust industrial PC products, delivering high quality products and excellent service since its establishment in 2000. IBASE carries out manufacturing and quality control at its own facilities in Taiwan that are certified with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001 standards. Current product offerings comprise of x86- and RISC-based industrial motherboards, embedded systems, panel PCs, digital signage players and network appliances for applications in the automation, retail, transportation, gaming, healthcare and smart factory sectors. For more information, please visit www.ibase.com.tw.
IBASE Technology Inc.
11F, No. 3-1, Yuan Qu St.
Taiwan, R.O.C. (Nankang Software Park)
Senior Marketing Manager