Press Release Summary:
SC-200 LVDT Signal Conditioner is embedded with internal microprocessor, hot swap and advanced master/slave capability. Unit is designed to work with LVDTs, RVDTs, inductive half-bridge sensors and LVRTs. The conditioner provides four excitation frequencies, 8 analog DC outputs, null indication and push button calibration using position sensor. Unit comes with diagnostic and fault or failure detection features. SC-200 allows user to set up the unit remotely through computer using the RS-485 bus.
Original Press Release:
The SC-200, Alliance Sensors Group’s CyberSecure Smart AC-LVDT Signal Conditioner
The Most Advanced LVDT Signal Conditioner for Industrial Applications
Moorestown, New Jersey, March 1, 2018… H.G. Schaevitz LLC dba Alliance Sensors Group introduces its latest LVDT signal conditioner, the highly advanced SC-200. This LVDT signal Conditioner offers smart and fast LVDT/RVDT setup and has been engineered to work with the widest range of LVDTs, RVDTs, and inductive half-bridge sensors including 3-wire industrial LVRTs. The signal conditioning module has cyber security tamper prevention and notification features that no other manufacturers have even considered, providing confidence that the unit has not been compromised.
SC-200 Operating Features:
- Push button calibration
- Built-In null indication
- 4 excitation frequencies, 8 analog DC outputs (6 DC voltage and 2 current loop outputs)
- 16 addresses for RS-485 digital communications
- Hot swap capability
- Advanced master/slave capability to reduce cross talk
“We are extremely excited about the release of the SC-200”, states Harold Schaevitz, President and CEO of Alliance Sensors Group. “The marketplace has asked Alliance Sensors for several enhanced features, and our engineering staff has exceeded expectations and delivered a superior product for the Industrial market compared to other manufacturer’s products.
The SC-200 has more system diagnostic capabilities than any stand-alone LVDT conditioner on the market. This LVDT Signal conditioner offers fault or failure detection for high reliability applications like nuclear power plant steam turbine controls. The SC-200’s diagnostics can detect at least eleven (11) fault conditions. See the list of features below.
SC-200 New Diagnostic Features:
- Shorted primary,
- Disconnected or open primary,
- Shorted or grounded secondaries,
- Disconnected or open secondaries,
- Analog output shorts or opens,
- Common hook-up errors that can occur during initial installation and setup.
- Cybersecurity to prevent tampering and notify main system operations of tamper attempt.
- Real-time recalibration to tweak the analog output after the mechanical system’s warmup.
- Recalibration from the module’s front panel or over the RS-485 bus.
- Differential input which common modes out most ground-loop developed noise signals.
- Backward Compatible to perform exactly as the legacy S1A conditioner.
The SC-200 offers push button calibration, reducing set up time by a factor of 10. In the past, AC-operated LVDT linear and rotary position sensors were difficult to calibrate because traditional signal conditioners required operators to adjust trimmer pots. With an SC-200 signal conditioner, the internal microprocessor eliminates any need to calculate jumper connections for gain, range, etc. The operator simply finds null, then moves the LVDT core to one end of the range and presses the front panel Zero button. Once set, the LVDT’s core is moved to the other end of the specified range and the front panel Full Scale button is pressed. The SC-200 is then fully calibrated with the position sensor.
The new SC-200 DIN-rail-mounted module can be “hot swapped” into an existing installation, with original calibration data saved and then reloaded into a new module via its RS-485 port. Conventional signal conditioners would require a full calibration. The SC-200 also can be setup remotely using a computer connected through the digital communications link to the RS-485 bus, which simplifies operations if the module is already installed on a DIN rail in a cabinet.
For installations involving multiple position sensors, the SC-200s can be master/slaved to prevent cross talk between sensor signals. Should a master fail, conventional signal conditioners will revert to their own oscillators, opening them to cross talk the master/slave configuration was to prevent. If the master SC-200 fails, the first slave becomes a new master for all the other slaves.
Other significant features of the SC-200 include:
- Color coded plug-in connections which permit easy pre-wiring in a rack and hot swapping
- Self-diagnostics for LVDT winding failures or cable disconnection.
- Detected output errors or faults drive analog output out of range, which is especially important for applications using redundant LVDTs
- A two year warranty offers value to systems integrators who may purchase modules long before they will be put into service
For more information on the SC-200 AC-LVDT Signal Conditioner, please refer to the web site at link to landing page here or contact the factory at email@example.com .
About Alliance Sensors Group
Headquartered in Moorestown, New Jersey, Alliance Sensor Group (http://www.alliancesensors.com/) is an LVDT, LVIT and RVDT sensor manufacturing company offering engineering and application support in solving specific measurement challenges within the power generation, fluid power and manufacturing industries. Combining more than 150 years of sensors experience, our technical and application support staff have extensive experience in providing the right sensor for challenging rotary and linear position measurement applications. Follow us on Twitter @Alliancesensor1.
Media Contact: John Matlack / 856-727-0250 /firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Contact: Ed Herceg / 856-727-0250 /email@example.com