Press Release Summary:
- Snag prevention, hook centering and follow me safe features help speed up operations while protecting employees and infrastructure
- Creates less friction on drum and sheaves that requires less maintenance
- Offers tilted rope drum and offset reeving for less stress on crane and building structure
Original Press Release:
Konecranes S-series Overhead Crane
The new Konecranes S-series sets the benchmark in overhead lifting by incorporating synthetic rope. Exhaustive testing has revealed that synthetic rope to be stronger than steel, much cleaner than steel, and significantly safer to handle.
Synthetic rope creates less friction on the drum and sheaves which contributes to less wear and is much cleaner and requires less maintenance because there is no need for oil lubrication.
Three standard Safe Features include Snag Prevention, Hook Centering and Follow Me, which help speed up operations while protecting employees and infrastructure.
- Synthetic rope has greater breaking strength than steel wire rope.
- Tilted rope drum for less wear and tear.
- Offset reeving for less stress on the crane and building structure.
- Safe Features for improved safety and more efficient operations.
- TRUCONNECT® remote monitoring for improving safety and productivity.
- Capacities up to 6.3T.
Konecranes USAKonecranes Canada konecranes.com/en-uskonecranes.com/en-ca
4401 Gateway Blvd,
Springfield, Ohio 45502
Tel. (1) 937-525-5533
Fax. (1) 937-525-5550
Konecranes Canada, Inc.
Burlington, ON L7L 6A4
Tel. 905 332 9494 and 905 332 4612
Fax. 905 332 8928
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. We improve efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. And we have done this by continuously providing lifting equipment and services people can trust.