Press Release Summary:
- Features wireless communication range between a base station and remote unit of up to 500 ft/150 m
- Encrypted communication capability via HTTPS ensures high data security
- Data logger registration and settings changes can be simply made from mobile devices with the new mobile app
Original Press Release:
TandD Introduces The New RTR-500B Series
Earlier this week, TandD announced the addition of the new RTR-500B Series, a major update to their existing RTR-500 Series. This new generation includes wireless base stations and data loggers with newly added Bluetooth communication and secure network communications (HTTPS) compatibility.
- Wireless communication range between a base station and remote unit of up to 500 feet/150 meters.
- Automatic data transmission to the free cloud T&D WebStorage Service allowing access anytime from anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Data logger registration and settings changes can be easily made from mobile devices with the new mobile app.
- Encrypted communication capability via HTTPS ensures superior data security
Another great feature of the new series, especially for existing RTR-500 series customers, is that the new RTR-500B loggers are backwards compatible. This allows the new data loggers in the series to be used with older RTR-500 series base units and most older RTR500 series data loggers to be used with the new RTR-500B series base units. Customers with existing RTR-500 base stations will simply need to upgrade their firmware and ensure they are using the latest software, both available on the TandD website now.
Also newly released is the T&D 500B Utility App, a mobile application created for setting up the RTR-500BW base station and the registration of remote units and repeaters via Bluetooth or cloud. The iOS version is available now, with an Android version available in early 2021.
The RTR-500B series will be available for delivery in mid-January 2021. Look for updated information on the new base stations and loggers on the CAS DataLoggers website in the coming weeks.
For more information on the upcoming RTR-500B Series, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Applications Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or visit our website at www.DataLoggerInc.com.