Press Release Summary:
- RV series provide an output proportional to shaft rotation over a range of ±30° or more in some cases
- Features shock and vibration tolerance as well as wide operating temperature ranges of -65 to 221°F
- Used in mail sorters and diverter gates of packaging and postal sorting equipment as well as for actuator feedback
Original Press Release:
NewTek Contactless Rotary Position Sensors Measure Rotating Shafts in Industrial Benchtop and Test and Measurement Applications
Pennsauken, NJ, January 19, 2021… NewTek Sensor Solutions offers the RV series of rotary position sensors that measure and provide feedback on the rotary displacement of rotating elements in industrial benchtop and test and measurement applications. While featuring a full 360° mechanical range, these RVDTs provide an output proportional to shaft rotation over a range of ±30° or more in some cases. Used to measure the angle of an incomplete turn, sensors are popularly used in mail sorters and diverter gates of packaging and postal sorting equipment as well as for actuator feedback, throttle position and quarter-turn valve position sensing.
Simulating the reliability and ruggedness of a LVDT linear position sensor, the non-contacting rotary variable differential transformers (RVDTs) offer long mechanical life and eliminate internal components that might wear or degrade over time. The RV series also features:
- Non-contact measurement for greater accuracy in measurement feedback.
- AC-operation for greater tolerance in harsh environments.
- Wide operating temperature ranges of -65°F to 221°F (-55°C to 105°C).
- Shock and vibration tolerance.
- Two sizes – a size 8 (0.75”) and size 11 (1.06”) diameter – that are simple to mount for easy installation.
Operating from 7.5 V rms (nominal), the AC-operated rotary position sensors provide an analog signal output compatible with NewTek’s NTC-6000 Signal Conditioner for a complete measurement solution. Sensor can operate in harsh conditions while the NTC-600 signal conditioner works in a nonvolatile area for greater system longevity and reliability.
Made in the USA, NewTek rotary position sensors are available with quick lead times from in-stock inventory. For more information about the RV Series of Rotary Position Sensors, refer to the website at http://www.newteksensors.com/products/rv-series-rvdt/ or contact Mike Marciante at 856-406-6877 to discuss your application requirements.
About NewTek Sensor Solutions
NewTek Sensor Solutions designs and manufactures standard, custom, and harsh environment LVDT-based linear position sensors for a variety of industries including power generation, factory automation, oil and gas exploration, aerospace/mil, chemical processing, subsea oil drilling and automotive testing. Incorporated in 2016, NewTek Sensors offers more than 200 years of cumulative LVDT design and manufacturing experience by its key staff in serving an OEM and end-user customer base. The company differentiates itself in the market by delivering high-quality, made-in-the-USA LVDTs and RVDTs at cost-effective price points in short timelines. www.newteksensors.com.
Tutul Rahman, 856-406-6877
Mike Marciante, 856-406-6877