Press Release Summary:
- Available in 15 - 27.5 tons capacity options and equipped with independent circuits to help avoid full unit shutdowns and a lead-lag compensator for exceptional reliability
- Offers multiple airflow strategies and has single-side access to all serviceable items provide ease of service
- Comes with gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity
Original Press Release:
YORK® Sun™ Choice 15-27.5 Ton Rooftop Units Reduce Commercial Building Operating Costs
New rooftop units exceed 2023 DOE efficiency regulations in an economic package.
MILWAUKEE – (August 19, 2019) – The newly released YORK® Sun™ Choice rooftop units from Johnson Controls deliver value from project start to finish. The 15-27.5 ton units exceed Department of Energy (DOE) 2018 guidelines by up to 25% and already surpass future DOE 2023 part-load standards by almost 10% to reduced energy consumption and operating costs. A lightweight design and direct replacement footprint offers ease of installation for both new product and retrofit applications to reduce up-front costs.
“Standard-efficiency does not translate to standard performance with YORK,” said, Steve Maddox, vice president commercial engineering, commercial ducted systems, Johnson Controls. “The YORK Sun Choice rooftop units feature IntelliSpeed, an optional four stage fan control model that can deliver up to 15% higher IEER ratings than some competitive ‘high-efficiency’ units. This advancement not only provides optimal occupant comfort, it translates into lower operating costs over the lifetime of the unit.”
A thoughtful design includes independent circuits to help avoid full unit shutdowns and a lead-lag compensator for exceptional reliability. Single-side access to all serviceable items provide ease of service that is further simplified with the support of the new Johnson Controls Commercial Application Support organization that provides expert technical and field support for every aspect of ownership – including installation, replacement and service.
Additional features include:
- Multiple airflow strategies – including constant-volume (CV), IntelliSpeed multi-speed fan control, variable air volume (VAV), and Continuous Reset Single Zone (CRSZ) control to offer flexibility to meet the demands of diverse applications.
- A broad range of outdoor air options including both factory and field installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust, and modulating powered exhaust.
- A wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity.
- Smart Equipment enablement with a prepackaged control platform that maximizes control and efficiency while extending equipment life and reducing operating costs. Units seamlessly integrate with leading building controls systems, including Verasys®.An optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) gateway with Wi-Fi® hotspot provides access to commissioning, configuration and maintenance logs using a mobile smart device.
“The launch of YORK Sun Choice is a part of our greater commitment to the rooftop market,” said Alexander Graf, executive director of sales, YORK independent distribution, Johnson Controls. “Our team has reimagined rooftop unit performance and dependability. Their innovations are not forced by regulations but instead developed out of a genuine passion for exceeding building performance standards and delighting our customers. It’s a truly exciting time to be in this industry.”
Choice 15-27.5 rooftop units designed, engineered and assembled in the state-of-the-art Johnson Controls Rooftop Center for Excellence in Norman, Oklahoma. Units are supported with factory-backed warranties including a standard 1-year parts warranty, 5-year compressor and electric heat limited warranties, 10-year aluminized heat exchanger limited warranty and a 15-year stainless steel heat exchanger limited warranty.
For more information, visit YORK.com/sunchoice.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global leader creating a safe, comfortable and sustainable world. Our 105,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions and integrated infrastructure that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities in 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641