Press Release Summary:
- Meets IP67 waterproof and dustproof with UTP and STP application
- Model 740C features female-to-female coupler with waterproof end caps which enclose connector in the coupler housing
- Model 741C combines female-to-female coupler design to mount in panel or wall with a waterproof housing to protect the exposed connector and a dust cap
Original Press Release:
Platinum Tools® Features New Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System During ISE 2020
Now Available, the Coupler System is Rated to Meet Harsh Environmental Conditions Commonly Found in Outdoor and Indoor Installs, such as Wireless Towers, Security Systems, Outdoor Entertainment Venues, Industrial Manufacturing, LED Lighting, Emergency Communications, Marinas, and More
Newbury Park, Calif., Feb. 7, 2020 - Platinum Tools® (www.platinumtools.com), the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, is proud to announce it will feature the new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System (p/ns 740C & 741C) during ISE 2020, held in Amsterdam from Feb. 11-14 at RAI Amsterdam, booth #14-K165. The new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System is now available with MSRPs of $30.00 (p/n 740C Splice Coupler) and $26.65 (p/n 741C Bulkhead Coupler).
“There are those installs where your Ethernet connections will need ruggedized protection due to exposure to water, dust, corrosion, harsh elements, and vibration,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools, LLC product manager. “An easy and simple solution is Platinum Tools’ Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System, rated to IP67 to meet those harsh environmental conditions commonly found in outdoor and indoor installs, such as wireless towers, security systems, outdoor entertainment venues, industrial manufacturing, LED lighting, emergency communications, marinas, and more.”
The 740C Waterproof RJ45 Splice Coupler features a female-to-female coupler with waterproof end caps which enclose the RJ45 connectors in the coupler housing.
The 741C Waterproof RJ45 Bulkhead Coupler combines a female-to-female coupler designed to mount in a panel or wall, a waterproof RJ45 housing to protect the exposed RJ45 connector, and a dust cap with chain to protect the coupler from the elements when no RJ45 cable is attached.
Features and technical specifications of the new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System include:
- IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof
- Easy and quick to install
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Works with RJ45 (8P8C) connectors in UTP and STP applications
- Category Range: Cat5e and Cat6
- Screw mating system assures secure connection
- Temperature range: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C
- Housing material: Black nylon
- RoHS compliant
- Contact material: Gold plated 50μ over copper alloy
- Max panel thickness: 4.0mm / 0.157 inch
- Cycle life: 1,000 insertions
- Current rating: 1 amp
- Voltage rating: 48v
- Recommended Panel Cut (for truncated circle): 19.4 mm – 20.8 mm (0.760in. – 0.815in.)
- Cable diameter range: 5.5-7.5mm / 0.216in. - 0.295in.
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools LLC, an NSi Industries company, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.
CRL Public Relations