Press Release Summary:
- Increase technology lifespan up to five years and can create new revenue streams for manufacturers
- Capabilities include complete product history and traceability, more time for development and validation of next-gen products
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic testing and failure analysis
Original Press Release:
Contec Americas Uncovers More Ways for Manufacturers to Increase Profits with New Repair and Refurbishment Program
New ContecXtend™ repair and refurbishment program from Contec Americas increases technology lifespan up to five (5) years and can create new revenue streams for manufacturers. US-Based services are performed on computers and LCDs in Melbourne, Florida which includes ISO 7 cleanroom and ITAR registration.
Contec Americas Inc. (Contec), a global electronics manufacturer and systems integrator, has launched a new repair and refurbishment program called ContecXtendä. The program can increase the lifespan of existing technology assets for up to five (5) years. In addition to extending the time between replacements, the program can create new revenue streams for OEM customers through the sale of refurbished products and extended equipment lease agreements. As a result, customers can maximize ROI and discover untapped revenue opportunities. Additional benefits include complete product history and traceability*, more time for development and validation of next-gen products, and compliance with green waste disposal initiatives.
"Many of our customers, particularly medical OEMs, need to keep their systems running in the field for many years beyond a typical warranty period. This is something we have been doing for them for over forty years," commented Brad Jens, Contec EVP Sales and Marketing. "The program has grown through word of mouth over the years, and we decided it was time to give it a name and share it with the rest of the world."
The ContecXtendä program includes a variety of repair and refurbishment-related services customized to each customer's unique needs. While the program focuses on extending the life of Contec brand technology solutions, in some cases, Contec will extend the service agreement to include out-of-warranty computer products from other manufacturers. Program highlights include:
- Three service level options
- Repair of inoperable units to full function
- Refurbishment to like-new condition
- Upgrade of components to latest revision level
- Eligible systems may be produced by any manufacturer
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing and failure analysis by Contec certified technicians
- Customized functional test and burn-in procedures
- Complete device history record maintained by Contec for the life of the product*
- All services provided in compliance with environmental waste disposal initiatives
- Centralized 24/7/365 phone support options available
- Optional advanced replacement programs for quick turn-around
- Global storage and shipping capabilities
ContecXtendä services are performed on computers and LCD displays at Contec's state-of-the-art headquarters facility in Melbourne, Florida. The newly remodeled location features:
- ISO 7 modular cleanroom with class 10,000 particulate control and ISO 8 anteroom
- ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing and repair facility
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration
- CMMC level 3, pending audit Q2 2021
“Until now, ContecXtendä has been one of our best kept secrets,” said Jens. “We are ready to show a new group of clients what it can do for them.”
*Device history and traceability available for products manufactured by Contec Americas Inc. only.
About Contec Americas Inc.
Contec Americas is a global technology design, manufacturing, and integration company with a wide portfolio of products including fully custom computing platforms, industrial computers, tier one computers, all-in-ones, displays, data acquisition and control products. Contec Americas provides value through product design and innovation, life cycle management, logistics and post-production support. Our products and services are sold around the world to customers in many segments including industrial automation, IoT/M2M, medical and diagnostics, transportation, and gaming. Contec Americas is a product member of the Contec Co., Ltd. Group companies, founded on innovations in industrial computing and PC based technology since 1975.
Contec Americas Inc.