Press Release Summary:
- 9730 series available with ability to generate complex current waveforms and generate 6 amps of high precision current pulses
- Provides precision timing control of delays and pulsewidth
- Ideal for testing pyrotechnical systems, airbag systems and electric igniters
Original Press Release:
Quantum Composers Adds New Features to The 9730 Series Programmable Current Function Generator, Making it Compliant with USCAR-28 and AK-LV-16
Meets Advanced Safety Requirements for Automotive and Pyrotechnical Applications
(Bozeman, MT) May 20, 2020 — Quantum Composers, Inc. added new features to the 9730 Series Programmable Current Function Generator, which provide engineers with the ability to generate complex current waveforms and generate 6 amps of high precision current pulses.
Designed specifically to meet the advanced safety test requirements of USCAR-28 and AK-LV-16 for testing pyrotechnical systems, airbag systems, and electric igniters, the 9730 now offers:
- Multi-channel capability (2 or 4 channels)
- Precision timing control of delays and pulsewidths
- USCAR Option: 8 segment pulse definitions allow complex waveforms with different current amplitude steps and ramps
- 6 amps of high-precision current pulses
- Integrated precision 4-wire load resistance measurement
- Isolated current and voltage monitor reference outputs
- Advanced safety features including remote interlock, removable keyed enable switch and internal error checking
Per the AK-LV-16, Section 5.19 requires a constant current followed by a rapid, controlled ramp as shown in the following graph:
The advanced features, paired with the existing reliable and robust nature of the 9730 Digital Delay Current Generator product line, make the newest addition a perfect fit for production testing to the requirements of USCAR-28 and AK-LV-16, development testing of airbag systems, and other pyrotechnic systems.
Learn more about the enhanced 9730. Download the product brochure or contact our technical team at http://www.quantumcomposers.com/contact.
About Quantum Composers
Founded in 1993, Quantum Composers is an internationally recognized pioneer in the photonics marketplace. We are a leading manufacturer of Digital Delay Pulse Generators, DPSS lasers, and OEM and custom laser systems for a wide range of applications and industries. To learn more, please visit quantumcomposers.com.
Erin L. Prieskorn, Marketing Manager, 406-582-0227 Ext. 122