Press Release Summary:
- Available in maximum voltage from 6.0 V to 24 V all in surface mountable sizes from 0402 to 2920
- Offers less power dissipation resulting from ultra-low internal resistance
- Ideal for consumer electronics, USB Type A and Type B ports and lithium batteries
Original Press Release:
Littelfuse Expands PolySwitch Low Rho SMD Series Adding 23 New Ratings to The Existing Product Portfolio
Littelfuse Expands PolySwitch Low Rho SMD Series Adding 23 New Ratings to the Existing Product Portfolio
Chicago, December 8, 2020 — Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS) a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing, today announced an additional 23 new ratings in the PolySwitch® Low Rho SMD series of PPTC devices. The new ratings are available with a lower resistance of 1 mOhm , hold currents from 0.75 A to 9.0 A, a maximum voltage from 6.0 V to 24 V all in surface mountable sizes from 0402 to 2920. These additions make the Low Rho SMD series the broadest PPTC portfolio currently available on the market.
The PolySwitch Low Rho SMD Resettable PPTCs provide robust overcurrent protection for electronics applications where ultra-low internal resistance, ultra-low voltage drop and automatic resettable protection are desired.
Typical markets and applications for the Low Rho Resettable PPTCs include:
- Consumer electronics
- Mobile and wearables
- Servers and computing equipment
- Portable medical devices
- USB Type A and Type B ports
- Lithium batteries
“Our expanded Low Rho SMD Resettable PPTCs portfolio includes a much broader array of both ratings and sizes,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “This provides electronics engineers with greater design flexibility, especially when developing the next generation of battery protection and charging ports for consumer electronics applications.”
PolySwitch Low Rho SMD Resettable PPTCs offer these key benefits:
- Less power dissipation resulting from ultra-low internal resistance.
- Fits compact designs where PCB space is very limited via surface mount sizes from 0402 to 2920 and very thin profile.
- Aids compliance with industry standards via UL and TUV certifications.
- Environmentally friendly components are RoHS compliant, lead free and halogen free.
The Low Rho PPTC series is available in tape and reel format. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information:
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics, and appliances. Our 11,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world — everywhere, every day. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.
Global Marketing Communications Manager
Electronics Business Unit, Littelfuse, Inc.