New PoE Surge Protector Comes in IP66-Rated Housing
Press Release Summary:
- Protects PoE device from damaging effects of power surges, lightning strikes, ESD and cable discharge events
- Supports PoE devices up to 90W and Ethernet speeds up to 1 Gbps that is designed for use in outdoors and challenging industrial environments
- Compatible with Cat5e/6/6a PoE cables with 23/24 AWG and includes grounding wire and mounting fasteners
Original Press Release:
Tripp Lite’s New PoE Surge Protector Withstands Harsh Weather Conditions
IP66-Rated Housing is Suitable for Outdoor Use
CHICAGO (PRWEB) MARCH 16, 2020 - Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, makes it possible to protect outdoor Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices from damaging surge events and electrostatic discharge (ESD).
For use outdoors and in challenging industrial environments, the new PoE surge protector, B110-SP-CAT-OD, is connected in-line between the source and the PoE device. It protects the PoE device from the damaging effects of power surges, lightning strikes, ESD and cable discharge events. The surge protector’s housing is rated to IP66, meaning it is dust tight and resistant to water projected from any direction.
“PoE is not limited to indoor installations,” said David Posner, Director of Product Marketing, Connectivity. “Many PoE security cameras, for example, are mounted outdoors or in warehouse locations exposed to harsh weather conditions. An IP66-rated PoE surge protector not only preserves the financial investment in the outdoor PoE equipment, but also guards against costly system downtime.”
For best protection, the total cable distance in the installation should not exceed 328 ft. (100 m). A second surge protector can be added to protect the source device.
Key Features of Tripp Lite’s PoE Outdoor Surge Protector
- Housing meets IP66 standards; rated dust tight and water resistant
- Protects PoE equipment against the damaging effects of power surges and ESD
- Supports mid- and end-span PoE
- Supports PoE devices up to 90W and Ethernet speeds up to 1 Gbps
- Compatible with Cat5e/6/6a PoE cables with 23/24 AWG
- Includes grounding wire and mounting fasteners
See Tripp Lite's full line of PoE solutions at tripplite.com
Share on Linked In
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter