Press Release Summary:
- Works with most station traffic and billing systems
- Available in a system with three SD-SDI channels and one HD channel or as a single HD-SDI channel system
- Features seamless splices and can add message overlays on all twelve channels in real time
Original Press Release:
DVEO Launches Channels in a Box Scheduled or Triggered Playout Server with 12 HD-SDI Channels and Ad Splicing, Ad Overlay, Traffic System Interface and Emergency Alert
Cost Effective PLAY SERVER™ 12ch HD-SDI Manages Content Efficiently
San Diego, California -- DVEO®, a leading TV/OTT equipment supplier, is now shipping their latest playout server for live and scheduled content. DVEO will demonstrate the PLAY SERVER™ 12ch HD-SDI in Booth SU3306 at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Show in Las Vegas, April 8-11.
Designed for broadcast and cable operators, the PLAY SERVER™ 12ch HD-SDI is a cost effective "Channels in a Box" integrated playout system with scheduled or triggered content playout. It inserts ads and video clips into live or stored video content, with graphics, text, or logo overlays for up to twelve outgoing video streams.
The remotely manageable system downloads commercials via IP and inserts commercials into programming. It also scales incoming video to add graphics to the side and bottom of the screen.
The PLAY SERVER 12ch HD-SDI works with most station traffic and billing systems. It manages ad inventories and provides "proof of play" for all ads and emergency messages played. It can be ordered with optional hard drives to store commercials.
The system supports EAS emergency alerts and SCTE 35 triggers on all inputs, plus optional analog cue tones. It works with most EAS systems like Trilithic™, Sage™, Monroe™, etc.
"The PLAY SERVER 12ch HD-SDI is ideal for broadcasters who wish to maximize subchannels on a single frequency," said Laszlo Zoltan, CEO of DVEO. "In addition to managing scheduled playout, it features seamless splices and can add message overlays on all twelve channels in real time. We also create custom units to meet customers' requests."
The PLAY SERVER is also available in a system with three SD-SDI channels and one HD channel, or as a single HD-SDI channel system.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
- Supports preroll, midroll, and postroll Ad Insertion via Splice, Overlay, or Squeeze
- Inserts or overlays graphical ads, video clips, logos, graphics, CG, scrolling text, and emergency alerts into live and stored video feeds on a schedule or via Contact Closures
- Works with most fonts: Chinese, Arabic, Indian, etc. via Unicode interface
- HD or SD SDI on any or all channels
- Secure Remote Scheduling from anywhere via Web Interface
- Generates playlists for time-shifted content that includes all national ads, local ads and content in pre, post, and mid-roll spot
- Built in intelligence makes scheduling easy
- Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480i, and all standard broadcast resolutions
- Features daily, weekly, and monthly schedule-based logos, alerts, and text insertion
- Arbitrary location for graphics
- Choose from static, rotating, or blinking graphics, logos, and text
- Supports AD inventories, logs Ad plays, and generates Proof of Play list
- Creates crawling messages and emergency alerts with programmable fonts and background colors, in any language
- Inserts Open/Closed Captions from .srt, .stl, 608 and 708 standards
- Programmable video transitions (fade, flip, etc.) from one clip to the next
- Creates Real Time Clock display in programmable fonts and colors
- Displays remaining and next advertisement time in output video
- Overlays playing now/playing next event information
- Scales input video from 10% to 100% and overlay on graphics – Ideal for EPG
- Overlays animating PNG files and scales Input Video from 10% to 100% – Ideal for L-Wrap and transparent overlays. Video squeezes
- Select any degree of transparency
- Easy drag and drop placement to position logo, text, or graphics on screen
- News feeds from RSS in any language, with programmable fonts and background colors
- Able to mask entire screen with a static image in case of video input failure
- Template based character generator
- EAS support is standard
- SLATE function puts up an Empty Background on which you can type messages
- Comprehensive Customization to your needs is possible
- Stores and manages Content, Ads, Messages, and Graphics clips, on local RAID – Optional RAID 1 and 5 configurations available
- Supports SCTE 104 and optional analog Cue Tone Detection
Suggested Retail Prices:
PLAY SERVER 12ch HD-SDI: $24,995 U.S.
PLAY SERVER 1ch HD 3ch SD-SDI: $12,995 U.S.
PLAY SERVER HD-SDI 1ch: $8,995 U.S.
DVEO is a well established, privately held entity headquartered in San Diego, California, since 2001. DVEO develops and sells broadcast quality video encoding and streaming products, media servers and ad insertion solutions to leading Telco TV/OTT and cable operators around the world. The DVEO solutions enable multi-screen service delivery to any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. Deployment models include turnkey installations and cloud-based service delivery. All solutions are built on Linux OS and Intel Xeon-based platforms to ensure 24x7 reliability, and feature DVEO-developed software for maximum flexibility and upgradability, ensuring long term investment protection. These ultra-reliable products are matched by valuable pre-sales consultancy, outstanding post-sales service and support, and -- not least -- unusual affordability.
For more information on DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the DVEO press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO® division of Computer Modules, Inc.