Press Release Summary:
- Feature comfortable low reflectance and impact resistant ABS thermoplastic handle with convenient tether hole
- Allow the user to safely hold and accurately aim the fiber at the target for more accurate measurements
- For use with field portable spectroradiometers and are ideal for ambient light remote sensing applications which require fiber optic data collection
Original Press Release:
Now SPECTRAL EVOLUTION Offers Two Pistol Grips to Ergonomically Hold and Accurately Aim Fibers in Remote Sensing Applications.
Haverhill, MA – June 29, 2020 – SPECTRAL EVOLUTION offers two versions of a pistol grip for use with our field portable spectroradiometers designed for remote sensing applications.
These pistol grips are ideal for ambient light remote sensing applications which require fiber optic data collection. They allow the user to safely hold and accurately aim the fiber at the target for more accurate measurements. Our premium version includes triggering and a Picatinny rail for the attachment of a red laser sight or laser scope for targeting. The standard pistol grip provides a value option for those who don’t require a Picatinny rail or triggering. Both pistol grips feature:
- Unique, comfortable low reflectance, impact resistant ABS thermoplastic handle with a convenient tether hole
- The premium pistol grip includes a fast connect/disconnect
- The standard pistol grip has a thumbscrew that’s easy to set and tightly secures any fiber optic cable and lens
- Lightweight and well-balanced for field comfort
- Reinforced tripod mount for hands-free operation
The pistol grips are designed for high performance in field settings. They allow researchers to take the measurements they need without worrying about the size or weight of their equipment. They are an essential accessory for any remote sensing applications such as climate research, environmental studies, vegetation studies, forest canopy studies, and more. The standard model provides a high value/low cost accessory for the PSR-1100f compact field spectroradiometer as well as our other spectroradiometers such as the PSR+ and RS-3500.
The PSR-1100f is SPECTRAL EVOLUTION’s smallest, lightest, full featured field spectroradiometer. It has a spectral range of 320-1100nm and can be used with a laptop or handheld microcomputer, or as a standalone instrument with its built-in keypad and LCD display. The PSR-1100f is well suited for remote sensing and ground truthing in a very wide range of applications. It provides a 25°, one meter fiber optic cable and allows the user to select from 1,2,3,4,5,8 and 10° field of view (FOV) lenses with our standard pistol grip or connect a handheld contact probe or our unique leaf clip.
For more information on our pistol grips, visit: https://spectralevolution.com/products/hardware/field-portable-spectroradiometers-for-remote-sensing/remote-sensing-accessories/
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers and spectroradiometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION maintains a facility in Haverhill, Massachusetts which houses design, prototyping, manufacturing and service facilities for the instruments that it markets and sells worldwide, either through direct sales, OEM sales or through distributor agents.