Press Release Summary:
- BOS0285 is ideal for small part detection thanks to background suppression
- BOS0286 is offered with an LED, which can reliably detect clear objects
- Features various operating modes for demanding object detection
Original Press Release:
New Balluff Photoelectric Sensors Provide Condition Monitoring Data
Real Time Sensor and Environmental Data Eliminates Downtime and Eases Setup
Florence, Kentucky (March 26, 2021) — The new photoelectric sensors with condition monitoring from Balluff deliver capabilities not yet seen before in the market.
In addition to providing solid photoelectric sensing, they deliver the condition monitoring and advanced IO-Link features of the Smart Automation and Monitoring System (SAMS) portfolio, meant to eliminate downtime by simplifying trouble shooting, changeover, and setup of machines.
All new SAMS products, including these new photoelectric sensors, are self-monitoring, providing internal environmental data in real time, including temperature monitoring, relative humidity, inclination detection, and vibration monitoring. The sensor’s signal quality is displayed on LEDs on the sensor, and operating hours and time functions are available using IO-Link.
Two new photoelectric sensors are now available:
- BOS0285 – a diffuse sensors with triangulation with a laser red light making it ideal for small part detection thanks to background suppression
- BOS0286 – a retroflective sensor with an LED, which can reliably detect clear objects
“I’ve been working with sensors for a long time and I’m amazed at the capabilities of these sensors. Our engineers outdid themselves,” said Jack Moermond, Balluff engineering partner manager. “No one offers photoeyes with this level of condition monitoring.”
Both of these new sensors were designed for demanding applications, especially those found in the food industry and packaging sector where aggressive media and high pressure are used for cleaning. Both have Ecolab certification as well as IP67 and IP69K ratings. In addition, these sensors have passed what Balluff calls Washdown Plus testing, which simulates over 1,000 washdown cycles.
- IO-Link V1.1 (Smart Sensor Profile 2)
- Designed for harsh ambient conditions
- Various operating modes for demanding object detection
- Sensor monitors itself and its environment: temperature, humidity, vibration, inclination, contamination, function reserve
Learn more at: www.balluff.com
About Balluff Inc.
Balluff Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Balluff GmbH, Neuhausen, Germany. Balluff is a leading supplier of networked IO-Link control system architectures that unlock the potential of the IIoT and Industry 4.0. Balluff offers a wide range of intelligent IO-Link and industrial Ethernet sensors in a variety of technologies including inductive, photoelectric, capacitive, and magnetic as well as magnetostrictive linear position sensors, magnetic tape linear encoders, industrial RFID systems, and industrial vision systems. Balluff provides cost-saving, process-enhancing solutions to machine builders and manufacturers to control, regulate, automate, assemble, position, and monitor manufacturing, assembly, and packaging sequences. Industries served include: automotive, packaging, food processing, beverages, tire, primary metals, conventional and alternative energy, semiconductor, plastics, and fluid power.