Press Release Summary:
- Available in 15-27.5 tons range and has four-stage IntelliSpeed fan control option that allows units to deliver 15% higher IEER ratings
- Features gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity
- Offers Mobile Access Portal (MAP) gateway with Wi-Fi® hotspot, provides access to commissioning, configuration and maintenance logs using a mobile smart device
Original Press Release:
TempMaster® Introduces New 15-27.5 Ton Omni™ Choice Rooftop Units
Economical Choice rooftop units exceed 2023 DOE efficiency regulations.
MILWAUKEE – (September 24, 2019) – The TempMaster® brand of Johnson Controls has launched a series of new rooftop units, providing superior economical comfort cooling in the 1527.5 ton range. The new TempMaster Omni™ Choice rooftop units exceed Department of Energy (DOE) 2018 guidelines by up to 25% and surpass future DOE 2023 part-load standards by nearly 10%. Units are Smart Equipment enabled with a prepackaged controls platform to maximize control, extend equipment life and further improve efficiency.
“TempMaster Omni Choice rooftop units are engineered to provide superior performance in the 15-27.5 tonnage range, offering the sustainability and maximized occupant comfort our customers are looking for at an economical price point,” said Ron Sevart, executive director of commercial sales & channel optimization, Johnson Controls. “Cost savings are further maximized through an intelligent design that lowers installation costs and high-efficiency performance that lowers operating expenses over the lifetime of the unit.”
Choice rooftop units feature an optional four-stage IntelliSpeed™ fan control, which allows the units to deliver 15% higher IEER ratings than some competitive high-efficiency units. Additional airflow strategies, including constant-volume (CV), variable air volume (VAV) and Continuous Reset Single Zone (CRSZ) provide greater system design flexibility to meet the demands of diverse applications.
Additional features include:
• A wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity.
• Multiple outdoor air options, including both factory and field installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust.
• A footprint designed to replace approximately 70% of the competitive installed base without the need for costly transition curbs, serving both the new construction and replacement market.
• A lightweight design that is up to 33% lighter than existing TempMaster models and up to 22% lighter than competing products.
• Seamless integration with leading building controls systems, including Verasys®. An optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) gateway with Wi-Fi® hotspot provides access to commissioning, configuration and maintenance logs using a mobile smart device.
“Choice units are designed to exceed building performance standards, and above all, our customers’ expectations,” said Neel Gupte, executive director of engineering, Johnson Controls. “In doing so, our team has truly reimagined economical comfort cooling without sacrificing the remarkable performance, flexibility and reliability TempMaster is known for.”
Choice units are designed, engineered and assembled in the state-of-the-art Johnson Controls Rooftop Center for Excellence in Norman, Oklahoma. The systems are supported with factorybacked warranties, including a standard 1-year parts warranty, 5-year compressor and electric heat limited warranties, 10-year aluminized heat exchanger limited warranty and a 15-year stainless steel heat exchanger limited warranty – providing customers with greater peace of mind.
For more information, visit TempMaster-HVAC.com/omnichoice.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global leader creating a safe, comfortable and sustainable world. Our 105,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions and integrated infrastructure that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities in 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
About Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls Building Technologies & Solutions is making the world safer, smarter and more sustainable – one building at a time. Our technology portfolio integrates every aspect of a building – whether security systems, energy management, fire protection or HVACR – to ensure that we exceed customer expectations at all times. We operate in more than 150 countries through our unmatched network of branches and distribution channels, helping building owners, operators, engineers and contractors enhance the full lifecycle of any facility. Our arsenal of brands includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, PENN®, Sabroe®, Simplex® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow @JCI_Buildings on Twitter.
CONTACT: Ryan Nolan
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641