Press Release Summary:
- HD785-8 is available with payload capacity of 101.6 U.S. (short) / 92.2 metric tons and built for mining, quarry and aggregates
- Delivers fast acceleration out of pit and the new cab keeps operators comfortable during long shifts, resulting in high production per hour
- 7-speed fully automatic transmission with two selectable reverse speeds
Original Press Release:
Komatsu America’s New HD785-8 Off-highway Truck with High-horsepower
Delivers excellent maneuverability and travel performance on grade for mining, quarry, and aggregates
Rolling Meadows, Ill.,— December 12, 2019 — Komatsu America’s new HD785-8 rigid frame off-highway haul truck, with a Tier 4 Komatsu SAA12V140E-7 engine, has the highest in-class net horsepower, 1,140 HP (849 kW) in North America. With a payload capacity of 101.6 U.S. (short) / 92.2 metric tons, it’s built for mining, quarry, and aggregates.
“The HD785-8 has excellent travel performance on grade, and wet multiple disc brakes on all four wheels provide great downhill brake retarding performance,” said Robert Hussey, product marketing manager, Komatsu America. “The HD785-8 delivers fast acceleration out of the pit and the new cab keeps operators comfortable during long shifts, resulting in high production per hour.”
With a tight turning radius of 33’ 2”, the HD785-8 provides exceptional maneuverability when spotting to be loaded and positioning to dump. The Komatsu Traction Control System (KTCS) is standard on the HD785-8. KTCS automatically applies pressure to independent brake assemblies for optimum traction in various ground conditions, without the need for differential lock-up, so steering performance is not compromised.
KomVision all-around machine monitoring system provides the operator with a bird’s-eye view of the working area on a dedicated monitor in the dash (separate monitor from the rearview monitoring system).
The HD785-8 has a 7-speed, fully automatic transmission with two selectable reverse speeds. The Komatsu Advanced Transmission with Optimum Modulation Control System (K-ATOMiCS) ensures smooth clutch engagement for a comfortable ride and reduced material spillage.
The Automatic Retard Speed Control (ARSC) automatically maintains a selected downhill travel speed (rather than engine RPM) to let operators keep their focus on the haul road.
Other features include:
- Standard diagonal access stairway provides easy access to cab and deck.
- Additional ladders with gates and handrails on the right-hand and left-hand side provide secondary egress.
- LED lighting package provides excellent visibility in various working conditions.
- The Tier 4 Final after treatment solutions utilizes dual Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filters (KDPF) – most regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- No Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), therefore Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is not a required consumable fluid.
- Auto Idle Shutdown helps reduce unnecessary idle time and lowers operating cost.
- New, air-suspension, heated and ventilated operator seat and upgraded trainer seat provide a comfortable ride.
- KOMTRAX Plus telematics system and upgraded machine monitor provide key machine metrics for utilization, production and machine health.
- Rearview monitoring system located on a dedicated monitor in the upper right-hand corner of the cab.
- Auto Idle Setting System (AISS) adjusts engine idle speed based on coolant temperature for reduced machine warm-up time.
- Anchored tie off points (ISO 14567) around the machine provide technicians a location to attach service lanyards.
- Centralized arrangement of filters, grease points, and fast fuel fill coupler.
- Ground-level battery isolator, starter isolator, and machine immobilization switch.
- Ground-level service center and jump-start receptacle.
Komatsu America Corp. is a subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.
To learn more about Komatsu’s North American offerings, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.
Komatsu® is registered trademark of Komatsu Ltd. Komatsu America Corp. is an authorized licensee of Komatsu Ltd. All other trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of Komatsu Ltd., Komatsu America Corp., or their respective owners or licensees.