Press Release Summary:
Newisys’ NSS2560 NVMe Enterprise Storage Server comes with 56 NVMe Drives for high throughput and low latency. The units offer 50 GB/s (reads) over four 100Gb Ethernet ports, 12.5 million IOPs (reads) and 64 GB/s bandwidth to drives between both servers. This NSS2560 offers 32 PCIe lanes for NVMe drives and 32 PCIe lanes for the network and provides a storage of up to 1.68 PB. With the side-loading design, this server houses up to fifty-six 2.5 inch NVMe drives in a 2U form factor.
Original Press Release:
Newisys Unveils Breakthrough NVMe Enterprise Storage Solution for Ultra-High Performance Applications
Patented Side-Loading Design of the New NSS2560 Enables High Throughput and Low Latency with an Unprecedented 56 NVMe Drives in a 2U Form Factor
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Newisys, a product division of Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM), today announced the groundbreaking Newisys® NSS2560 and is showcasing this product at the 2018 Flash Memory Summit. The innovative and patented side-loading design of the NSS2560 provides unmatched storage density, high capacity and low latency for applications that require maximum performance, including financial services, fraud detection and real-time marketing.
In addition, the NSS2560 platform includes a balanced system architecture for maximum system performance in this highly available enterprise-grade platform. The product builds on leadership in NVMe technology that previously earned Newisys the Best in Show Innovation Award in 2017 for its NVMe-over-Fabric solution, the NDS22482F.
Over the past two years, NVMe storage architecture has been disrupting the flash storage market, dramatically improving bandwidth, IOPs and latency for high performance applications. The NSS2560 platform sets a new standard for this market.
"The NSS2560 provides industry-leading density, capacity and throughput, making it a compelling solution for ultra-high performance applications," said Tom Coughlin, founder and Digital Storage Analyst at Coughlin Associates. "Adding to their already broad line-up of NVMe solutions, Newisys is well positioned to excel in this rapidly evolving segment of the storage market. Backed by the scale and global reach of its parent company Sanmina, Newisys has a big advantage."
Compelling market advantages of the Newisys NSS2560 include:
- Record-breaking performance: 50 GB/s (reads) over four 100Gb Ethernet ports, 12.5 million IOPs (reads) and 64 GB/s bandwidth to drives between both servers.
- Unmatched NVMe storage density and capacity: Patented side-load design houses fifty-six 2.5 inch NVMe drives in a 2U form factor, enabling high performance storage of up to 1.68PB (includes both dual-node server modules).
- Low latency: Takes full advantage of NVMe technology, resulting in low-latency across the drives, the system and between server nodes.
- Balanced system architecture for non-blocking performance: Providing 32 PCIe lanes to the NVMe drives, and 32 PCIe lanes to the network.
- High availability (HA) enterprise-grade platform: Enabled by dual-ported, hot-swappable NVMe drives and a fully redundant architecture.
- Efficient and cost effective platform for best possible TCO: Provides a smaller footprint and the highest density and capacity for improved OPEX. Provides a balanced system with no over-provisioning for the lowest CAPEX.
"Newisys offers the broadest NVMe storage product portfolio in the market, enabling us to provide optimized NVMe platforms for a wide range of best-in-class applications and use cases," said Dan Liddle, VP of Marketing at Newisys. "With the Newisys NSS2560, we've designed a breakthrough NVMe all-flash solution that provides market-leading density and unprecedented capacity in the most efficient and cost effective platform available today."
Newisys, a product division of Sanmina Corporation, provides advanced data center products including solid-state memory and disk-based storage server appliances, JBOD storage systems and other products for a variety of data center and storage applications. Newisys solutions are tailored for integration into OEM, System Integrator and Data Center products, reducing development and operating costs while improving time-to-market. More information is available at www.newisys.com.
Sanmina Corporation is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, storage, industrial, defense, medical, automotive and energy industries. Sanmina has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world. More information about the company is available at www.sanmina.com.
CONTACT: Dan Liddle, Vice President of Marketing, Newisys Division of Sanmina, Phone: (408) 964-3993, Dan.email@example.com