Press Release Summary:
- Improves the mechanical, thermal or electrical properties of a material, offering benefits such as high electrical conductivity, good processability, flame retardancy, thermal dissipation
- Composed of carbon atoms covalently bonded in hexagonal network
- Ideal for aerospace, automotive, electronics, energy, oil and gas, coatings and sporting goods
Original Press Release:
Goodfellow Introduces 3 Forms of Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes
Coraopolis, PA ... November 25, 2019 ... Goodfellow is pleased to announce the availability of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNTs) in three different forms: regular powder, “chunky” powder, and free-standing “carpets.” All three forms are produced by means of a catalytic chemical vapor deposition (CCVD) process.
- Regular powder is available in research quantities of several grams up to economical mass production quantities of several kilos.
- “Chunky” powder – exclusive to Goodfellow –is safer and easily dispersed via sonication into a polymer matrix. It is available in small quantities for research.
- Free-standing, vertically aligned MWCNTs arrays, called “carpets” or “forests” – exclusive to Goodfellow – are distinguished by their unique anisotropic properties. Current research revolves around potential uses as free-standing membranes and filters, thermal interface materials, in electronic devices and supercapacitors, and by embedding them in polymer matrices for the production of innovative composites. MWCNTs “carpets” are available in small quantities for research.
Carbon Nanotubes are tube-shaped materials composed of Carbon atoms covalently bonded in hexagonal network, having a nanometric diameter. As an additive in composites, they can improve the mechanical, thermal or electrical properties of a material, offering benefits such as high electrical conductivity, good processability, flame retardancy, thermal dissipation, UV resistance and more. Industries where these attributes are especially beneficial include aerospace, automotive, electronics, energy, oil and gas, coatings, and sporting goods. In addition, there is a great deal of ongoing research into new applications for this remarkable nanomaterial.
For more than 50 years, Goodfellow has been a leading supplier of metals, polymers, ceramics and other materials to meet the needs of science and industry worldwide. The company specializes in supplying small quantities (a few grams to a few kilos) of metals and materials for research, prototype development and specialized manufacturing applications. Standard products can be found online at the comprehensive Goodfellow Catalog. Custom products and materials in larger quantities are available upon request at email@example.com.