Press Release Summary:
- Available in several configurations including clamping force/bottle size, single or dual parison, one to six layers, and radial mold positioning
- Can handle two significantly different capacity bottles at rates up to 600 bottles per minute to match filling line speed
- Capable of molding small bottles of 1 oz. to 10 oz. capacity for single serve drinks, personal care, and chemical products
Original Press Release:
Wilmington Machinery Launches MSBW60-DC New Dual Rotary Blow Molding Machine
Wilmington Machinery new MSBW60-DC can handle two significantly different capacity bottles at rates up to 600 bottles per minute to match a filling line speed. The new dual rotary blow molder (aka “wheel”) machine has common extrusion, diehead and trimming components and capable of molding small bottles of 1 oz. to 10 oz. capacity for single serve drinks, personal care, chemical products and more.
Key features of the MSBW60-DC include:
- The wheels are both 60-station all electric single or dual cavity that produce the required rate without a mold change. This dramatically reduces setup time from one bottle size to the other by as much as 75%.
- Quick disconnects for electrical, water and pneumatic services reduce wheel setup time to a matter of minutes as opposed to a substantial number of hours.
- Trimmer setup is comparatively short in duration.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on a wheel while it is out of production. This provides a reduction in time and labor costs plus the assurance that the setup performs correctly at startup.
- A unique rail system guides one of the two wheels out from the molding system and then guides the other wheel into the molding position. This is depicted in the attached illustration.
The MSBW60-DC is currently available in several configurations including clamping force/bottle size, single or dual parison, one to six layers, radial mold positioning (aka variable pitch) and custom features as required. The cost of the machine with the dual wheels and two sets of molds is approximately 15-20% more than the single wheel with two sets of molds.
If volume should need to increase, one or the other wheel can be retrofitted with its’ own extrusion and trimming equipment. This minimizes the investment for a second production line.
Since 1979, Wilmington Machinery has produced rotary blow molding machinery in six tonnage capacities and with 12-60 clamping stations. There are models for bottles as small as 1oz. or large handleware type bottles up to 6 liters and anything in between. Wilmington Machinery considers itself to be a pacesetter of innovation in rotary blow molding, the dual wheel machine being the latest. To learn more visit: http://www.wilmingtonmachinery.com/