Press Release Summary:
- LBAS basic models deliver high moment rigidity in a compact form
- LGXS advanced models feature high-efficiency and high-accuracy ground ball screws as standard
- Ideal for automotive parts, electrical and electronic products, medicine, foodstuffs and cosmetics
Original Press Release:
Yamaha Motor Launches Robonity Series Motorless Single Axis Actuators - High-rigidity/Accuracy, Compact, Compatible with 8 Key Motor Brands
Iwata, March 20, 2019-Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (Tokyo:7272) announced today that it will launch the Robonity Series of slidertype motorless single axis actuators on May 7, 2019. The new actuators are intended for use across a wide range of production processes, such as in automotive parts, electrical and electronic products, medicine, foodstuffs, and cosmetics, for assembly, conveyance, coating, inspection, etc. Compatibility with the products of eight key motor manufacturers means that customers can mount the motors and drivers to which they are accustomed. The initial launch is aimed at the Japanese domestic market, with overseas launches planned to follow.
The Robonity Series lineup includes the high-rigidity, compact, and low-cost LBAS basic models as well as the high-accuracy and high-durability LGXS advanced models.
Through its newly-designed structure, in which the guide rails and frame are integrated, the LBAS basic models deliver high moment rigidity in a compact form. The LGXS advanced models feature high-efficiency and high-accuracy ground ball screws as standard, creating high-precision models which also deliver high reliability and durability. The dust-proof stainless-steel sheet on the upper surface of the unit means that compatibility with clean specifications is standard.
Yamaha Motor develops and manufactures a variety of industrial robots necessary for automated production lines, with our wide product range featuring single axis robots, SCARA robots, articulated robots, and linear conveyors. Adding motorless single axis actuators to these product groups allows Yamaha Motor to provide the optimal solution for a broader range of automation requirements.
In the future, we plan to further expand the variations of types and sizes in this series.
- “Robonity” is a coined word that incorporates “robot” and “infinity.” The name expresses the concept of a series with a rich array of variations.
- Basic models. The Advanced models are compatible with three manufacturers’ products.
LBAS Basic Models Main Features
- High rigidity and high accuracy in a compact form - Thanks to the structure which integrates the guide rails and frame, this model delivers high moment rigidity (70%-200% improvement compared to previous models) and high accuracy (travel parallelism ±0.02/800mm) within compact dimensions (approximately 20% smaller than previous models).
- Reduction in installation working hours/easy maintenance The unit can be secured in place from the upper or lower surface without removing exterior components such as the cover. The open reference planes on the side surfaces and dowel holes on the underside make installation easy. Grease nipples have been provided on the slider side surfaces, enabling lubrication of the ball screws and guides without disassembling the product. Four directional options are available during motor installation, and conversion even after delivery is simple by using dedicated bending parts.
-Compatible motor manufacturers Yaskawa Electric, Mitsubishi Electric, Keyence, Omron, Sanyo Denki, Tamagawa Seiki, Delta Electronics, Panasonic
LGXS Advanced Models Main Features
- High accuracy, high rigidity, and high durability through standard fitting of ground ball screws Features standard fitting of high-efficiency and high-accuracy ground ball screws, lead precision of Japanese Industrial Standard accuracy class C5, and repeatable positioning accuracy of ±0.005mm. In addition, yield is improved through enabling high-accuracy positioning. Reduced noise levels and longer life have also been achieved.
- The standard fitting of a dust-proof stainless-steel sheet means that compatibility with clean specifications is also standard The fitting of a high-durability dust-proof stainless-steel sheet as standard equipment onto the upper surface of the main unit reduces contamination by external foreign matter. Moreover, as air suction couplings (taps) are also standard equipment, usage in clean environments is possible simply by connecting piping and applying suction.
- Motor installation direction can be easily changed using bending units The standard specification motor orientation is straight but can be easily changed to motor bending specification (left or right).
- Compatible motor manufacturers Yaskawa Electric, Mitsubishi Electric, Keyence
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
+1 770 420 5825