Press Release Summary:
- Feature three-terminal fuse design that protects against damage from both overcurrent and overcharging
- Available in current ratings of 12A, 15A, 30A and 45A in surface mountable form factor
- Ideal for mobile or portable applications including smart appliances, consumer electronics and power tools
Original Press Release:
Littelfuse Adds Surface Mount Li-ion Battery Protectors to Guard Against Overcurrent and Overcharging
Ideal for mobile / portable applications including smart appliances, consumer electronics and power tools
CHICAGO, May 5, 2020 — Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS) a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing, today announced the ITV Series, a three-terminal, surface mountable li-ion battery protector designed to guard against the damage caused by both overcurrent and overcharging. The innovative design provides fast response and reliable performance to interrupt the charging or discharging circuit before the battery pack becomes overcharged or overheated.
Available in five compact, surface-mount packages, the Littelfuse ITV Series product line is available in current ratings of 12A, 15A, 30A and 45A.
“The ITV Series is an important addition to our li-ion battery protection portfolio, helping solve customer applications requiring current ratings from 12A to 45A,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “Here’s how it works: An embedded fuse element cuts off the circuit when overcurrent issues occur. A heater element, directly embedded under the fuse element, generates enough heat to blow the fuse once overcharging is detected by IC or FET.”
This combination of robust overcurrent / overvoltage protection and surface mountable packaging is recommended for li-ion battery packs used in:
- Power tools
- Robotic appliances
- E-bikes and e-scooters
- Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Emergency radio and eCall
The Littelfuse ITV Series of battery protectors include these key benefits:
- Innovative three-terminal fuse design protects against damage from both overcurrent and overcharging.
- Surface mountable form factor improves assembly efficiency.
- Low internal resistance minimizes power loss.
- UL and TUV certifications aid compliance with industry standards.
- Environmentally friendly component is both ROHS compliant and halogen-free.
The ITV Series surface mount battery protectors are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the:
- ITV4030 Series 12 Amp Surface Mount Battery Protector product page
- ITV4030 Series 15 Amp Surface Mount Battery Protector product page
- ITV5432 Series 30 Amp Surface Mount Battery Protector product page
- ITV9550 Series 30 Amp Surface Mount Battery Protector product page
- ITV9550 Series 45 Amp Surface Mount Battery Protector product page
For technical questions, please contact: Stephen Li, Global Product Manager, Electronics Business Unit at Littelfuse, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics and appliances. Our 11,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world — everywhere, every day. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.
Global Marketing Communications Manager
Electronics Business Unit, Littelfuse, Inc.