Press Release Summary:
- Eliminates hardware failures that can occur when slip rings, connectors or other electromechanical connections wear out
- M18 cylindrical version connect to up to 4 discrete PNP sensors with 100 mA of output current and Q40 cuboid version connect to up to 8 with 500 mA of output current
- Passive junction boxes with M8 or M12 connectors allow user to connect the remote coupler to the sensors
Original Press Release:
New Balluff Inductive Couplers for Discrete Sensors Transmit Power and Signals Across an Air Gap
Two Form Factors Connect to Up to Eight Sensors
Florence, KY. (PRWeb) November 08, 2019 -- Balluff’s inductive couplers connect up to eight discrete sensors across a small air gap, eliminating hardware failures that can occur when slip rings, connectors, or other electromechanical connections wear out.
The M18 cylindrical version can connect to up to 4 discrete PNP sensors with 100 mA of output current, and the Q40 cuboid version can connect to up to 8 with 500 mA of output current. Both versions have an IP67 rating. Balluff’s passive junction boxes with M8 or M12 connectors allow you to quickly connect the remote coupler to the sensors.
Multiple remote couplers can be used with a single base coupler. This makes these couplers a smart retrofit for applications like die molds, where in-die sensor cables must be disconnected and reconnected frequently, eventually causing them to fail. With inductive couplers, you mount the remote coupler at the same position on each die or mold, then set the needed die or mold in place. Once the base and remote are in close proximity, LEDs on the base and remote switch on to indicate that a connection is active.
The key features of the inductive couplers for discrete sensors include
- Two form factors
- 18 mm cylindrical (M18) unit for up to four sensors
- 40 mm cuboid (Q40) unit for up to eight sensors
- IP67 protection for harsh environments
- Internal temperature monitoring
- LEDs visualize operating status on base and remote
Learn more at: http://www.balluff.com.
About Balluff Inc.
Balluff Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Balluff GmbH, Neuhausen, Germany. Balluff is a leading supplier of networked IO-Link control system architectures that unlock the potential of the IIoT and Industry 4.0. Balluff offers a wide range of intelligent IO-Link and industrial Ethernet sensors in a variety of technologies including inductive, photoelectric, capacitive, and magnetic as well as magnetostrictive linear position sensors, magnetic tape linear encoders, industrial RFID systems, and industrial vision systems. Balluff provides cost-saving, process-enhancing solutions to machine builders and manufacturers to control, regulate, automate, assemble, position, and monitor manufacturing, assembly, and packaging sequences. Industries served include: automotive, packaging, food processing, beverages, tire, primary metals, conventional and alternative energy, semiconductor, plastics, and fluid power.