Press Release Summary:
- D71EX-24/PX-24 helps operator maintain ground speed while operating under heavy loads in H mode
- Tilt steering control automatically tilts the blade to maintain straight travel during rough dozing
- Lift layer control optimizes earthwork productivity with the press of a button
Original Press Release:
Komatsu’s D71-24 Dozer with Distinctive Slant Nose Design Offers Exceptional Cisibility
Most powerful hydrostatic transmission dozer in its size class; standard, low ground pressure or with intelligent Machine Control 2.0
Chicago, February 16, 2021—Worried that a mid-size dozer won’t have enough power for your bigger jobs? Komatsu’s D71EX-24/PX-24 with the most powerful hydrostatic transmission (HST) dozer in its size class is effective at grading, pushing, side-cutting and work on soft ground, giving you the flexibility to move from production to finishing with a single machine.
Pushing with 237 horsepower, Komatsu’s largest HST dozer [49,825 lbs.- 52,910 lbs. (22,600 kg - 24,000 kg)] helps operators maintain ground speed while operating under heavy loads in H mode. Its distinctive slant nose design offers outstanding visibility to the cutting edges and excellent balance and maneuverability.
Offering precision on the job site, from golf course construction to highway projects, the D71-24 is an all-around crawler dozer. It is equally adept at precise, high-speed grading and rough dozing, and is designed to provide outstanding wearability and functionality with its high-capacity, wear-resistant dozer blade. The dozer’s Parallel Link Undercarriage System (PLUS) features rotating bushings to help minimize maintenance downtime and cost of ownership.
D71-24 and intelligent Machine Control, iMC 2.0
The industry’s newest slant-nosed HST dozer is also available with Komatsu’s latest intelligent Machine Control (iMC) 2.0 capabilities:
- Lift layer control optimizes earthwork productivity with the press of a button. It maintains compaction quality by automatically controlling lifts to the desired height. Excess fill is eliminated as automatic blade control follows the finish surface once lifts have reached finished grade.
- Tilt steering control automatically tilts the blade to maintain straight travel during rough dozing. Reduces operator steering input by up to 80%.
- Operators can create a temporary design surface with the press of a button with quick surface creation. Combined with other iMC 2.0 functions, crews can begin stripping or spreading using automated input while waiting for the finish grade model.
- With proactive dozing control, even less experienced operators can automatically cut/strip from existing terrain. The dozer measures the terrain it tracks over and uses that data to plan the next pass, improving productivity by up to 60% versus previous generation machines.
Komatsu is an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Learn more at komatsuamerica.com.